We had a surprise visit from our wonderful friends, Karen and Ben, and their adorable son, Noah, on Thursday night. Karen wanted to drop off a dessert her mom made--she's always doing thoughtful stuff like that--and so is her mom. They're just so good to us. Karen and I were lucky enough to go through our pregnancies together.
Noah was born only 2 weeks after Oscar and Oscar came two weeks early. I know this is a little confusing, but Noah came several weeks early also. In the end, Noah ended up having Oscar's original due date as his birthday. Cool, huh? Bottom line: Our kids are practically related--well, not really, but they're going to be best buddies. I just know it!
My parents are still in town and still showering Oscar with affection. Dad loves to make him giggle (I have footage of that to share later this week). Mom loves to hold him when he cries. When I tell her "no, Mom, he has to learn to self-soothe, " she says, "I love to hold him when he cries." So, finally I said, "Well, if you love it so much, how 'bout I come and get you at 2 a.m., so you can hold him then?" She thought that was pretty funny, but I was kinda serious. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment