Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Giggles with Grandpa

I love the sounds Oscar makes when he giggles. This video was taken a couple of days ago because Oscar wasn't doing too much giggling yesterday.



We actually had to take him to urgent care because he hadn't pooped in 9 days.
The urgent care waiting room was full of babies and children with RSV, strep and the flu. Since Oscar was there just for constipation, David waited in the car with Oscar--for an hour--while I waited just outside the sick waiting room in the hall--being oh-so-careful not to contaminate myself.

Here's an unsolicited tip to anyone traveling to the pediatrician's office in the near future: I would recommend that you don't touch the magazines in the waiting room, or the free magazines on your way out of the office. I can't tell you how many snotty little hands I saw touching them. Yuk.

Anyway, while we were at urgent care, the pediatrician pressed around on Oscar's abdomen and said that even though it didn't feel like there was a serious blockage, that we should mix a teaspoon of dark karo syrup into his formula bottles until he poops. Well, it worked! Oscar pooped today--on day 10. It was a big, uncomfortable production and he napped for 4 hours afterwards. As I type this, David is putting Oscar to bed and I can hear (over the monitor) that Oscar is all smiles. No telling how Oscar will sleep tonight, especially after taking a 4-hour nap, so I'm off to bed myself.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

yeah for giggles and yeah for poo!