For those of you who know David and me well, you know that our animals are our babies. Our dogs, aka "the crazies" have their own toy box--filled with squeaky toys--and I like to regularly surprise them with a new toy by hiding it in the bottom of their toy box, and seeing how long it takes Cody or Courtney to find it.
Our cats, aka "the chicas" are allowed on almost all the countertops--in fact we have empty soda box trays for them the lounge in all over the house. At night, the chicas sleep in our bed, while the crazies sleep next to our bed (in their own beds) on the floor.
It's not much of a surprise to David and me that the crazies have been confusing all of Oscar's new toys as new doggie toys. Courtney is taking it especially hard. She just doesn't understand why she can't share toys with Oscar. I respond by hiding a new doggie toy in her box, and she responds by promptly pulling all the stuffing out and proudly parading around with the squeaker in her mouth. Bottomline: Our house is a crazy, happy mess.
Yesterday, we unwrapped Oscar's Octopus toy, a gift from our friends, Karen and Jonathan. The first video shows Courtney's response. Oscar is especially funny in the second video because he is mimicking David. I've noticed that David and I kind of play with Oscar like we play with our dogs. In fact, I regularly say, "Good Job!" very similarly to how I say "Good Dog!" No wonder the crazies are confused.

No comments:
Post a Comment