So, naturally, when Mom announced she was coming for a Valentine's week visit, I asked if she would cook an authentic Cuban meal for the Bowmans and us. This took several weeks of preparation, I had to research and buy a suitable pressure cooker, and David had to track down some yucca at a Latin market in Olathe.
Even though I didn't do any of the cooking--in fact, I was forcibly relieved of my salad-making duty, because Rich was uncomfortable with a wine-drinking, knife-wielding Olivia--I'd still say it was worth all the work. My mommy made a delicious dinner of picadillo over rice with yucca. Yummy Yum! Shannon even went to Gomer's and had some wine selected for our special meal.
David was the official photographer and videographer for the evening. I think he did a splendid job!
(this is me with the cucumber I was never allowed to slice. that's shannon with
my son i practically never got to hold because she is obsessed with him).
(that's dad folding napkins, yucca on the table, rich taking over the salad,
and mom in the background finishing up dinner).
(the 2 videos below show shannon playing a sneezing game with oscar)
(okay, oscar really loved this!--be sure and watch both videos. too cute!)

1 comment:
I will stoop to doing any ridiculous thing to make a baby laugh. That is the best sound in the whole world.
Post a Comment