Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2008

Listening & Learning


This picture makes me smile. I took it Sunday afternoon, when one minute Oscar was playing with his ball...the next minute he was fast asleep (still holding the ball, of course).

Last week, while our parent educator was visiting, she wanted to see if Oscar could follow the sound of her voice. While Oscar was playing on his tummy with his face (and body) away from her, she called out his name. I was excited to see Oscar shimmy and worm (as Shannon would call it) his way around to face her.

Ever since Lauren's visit, David and I have been calling out to Oscar and seeing if he'll respond. We both shot this video of Oscar below. You'll notice I've done permanent damage to Oscar--in regards to the camera flash. He keeps looking away from me, partly because he's being a ham and partly because he's anticipating the camera flash. (sigh)

1 comment:

Sandi D said...

Oscar you're so cute!!! He's geting so big and looks like such a smart little guy; very attentive and eager to learn. Glad things are going so well at home. :)