Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Reading and Feeding



David and I have now started reading to Oscar. David started last night with a "Touch and Feel" texture book, and I finished with a "White on Black" shapes book. Each book only kept Oscar's attention for a few minutes, but I think we're off to a good start.

David shot this video of Oscar and me. The funniest part is when I say the word "banana," because bananas are Courtney's most favorite fruit. Some people make make banana bread with their old, spotty bananas--we feed 'em to the dogs and they love 'em!



In feeding news, we're making slow and steady progress with the rice cereal. Our parent educator said to keep at it for about 3 weeks and if Oscar still doesn't take to the rice, to try another single grain cereal. She then said, "be sure to shove it in his mouth, don't just touch it to his lips." Shannon said the same thing to me yesterday, so today, I was much more forceful with the spoon and I think it worked. Check it out!



1 comment:

Shannon said...

it says your videos are no longer available. :(
I wanted to check out the technique.