Oscar and I had our first home visit with Lauren, our parent educator through the Parents as Teachers program today. This is such a wonderful program. Lauren patiently answered all my questions and gave me a ton of helpful handouts. She also gave me her business card with her home number and said we could call anytime with questions.
While Lauren and I visited, Oscar was rolling around in his playpen, grunting with his ball and playing with gloworm. Lauren said he's one of the most active 5-month-old babies she's ever seen and predicts he'll be crawling in the next 6 to 8 weeks. Wow!
The videos below show a slightly cranky Oscar being read to by Lauren. Even though Oscar doesn't have the attention span for it yet, I need to start reading a little bit to him every day. As you can tell from the videos, Oscar would rather play than read. (I think he gets that from his Dad. Perhaps I'll start with an airplane magazine?)... Seriously, though, I have lots of great books from Grandma Kathy (David's mom) and my word friends at Hallmark. I'm excited about getting started.
When story time was over and Lauren handed Oscar back over, I started bouncing him the air to see if I could get a smile out of him. He did that adorable giggle-squeak thing I love. So, I waited until Lauren left and hoped Oscar would give a repeat performance. Thankfully, he did! Sorry for the video quality, I'm just thrilled to get this on camera. I haven't been able to get him to do it since. (sigh).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment