This picture is for my mommy, because she thinks it's funny that Oscar now blinks for the camera.
I took Oscar to work today for a friend's baby shower. As soon as we walked in, everyone cheered and clapped. You would have thought the shower was in our honor. The real guest of honor and mom-to-be, Chandra, had us move up to the front of the room so she could get a better look at Oscar. So we sat up at the front where Oscar got lots of love and attention from his Hallmark family.
Oscar's not much for sitting still these days, so I bounced him on my lap for the duration of the shower and passed him around so several of my friends could hold him. It's funny how I used to be so nervous to let other people hold him, now my arms welcome the break. It's also funny how I used to sanitize everything and everyone that came near Oscar.
My friend, Dee, asked to hold him today and was like, "Olivia, I need your stuff, your antibacterial hand stuff." I had forgotten that not too long ago, I would request that anyone wanting to hold Oscar disinfect his/her hands first. Okay, I am so over that now. I even told her, "Dee, I'm so over that." Funny how things change.
I reported yesterday that our parent educator, Lauren, thinks Oscar will be crawling soon. She said, "see how he's sticking his butt up in the air like that and scooting?... he's trying to crawl." I have nicknamed this motion "bootie scootin'." Here's a video demonstration from a couple days ago. I'm off to bed now, it's been a long day and Oscar and I have plans with Aunt Shannon tomorrow.

1 comment:
He's so close! We called it worming because they were like little inchworms.
Post a Comment