Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Pick Me Up...Stir Me Up

Uh-oh, Oscar's going through a "pick me up" phase. He just started this last night and David and I are doing our best to make sure it doesn't become a habit. Oscar cries and cries and puts his arms up like he's saying, "please, pick me up." I give in every once in a while, but most of the time I sing, dance and surround him with toys--just to keep him distracted.

Okay, so today, I'm at the OB/Gyn's office for my annual exam and you guessed it, Oscar picked the most inopportune time to start his pick-me-up-crying. So, I asked Dr. Eckert, "Would you mind if I sang," and she responded, "Not at all."

So, while in the stirrups (and being examined) I sang the entire song of B-I-N-G-O, while Oscar calmly smiled at me from his stroller. He just loves that song. I make this cha-cha sound instead of clapping, because clapping sometimes startles him. Plus, I thought it unwise to make any sudden hand gestures while being poked and prodded.

When I was finished singing (and Oscar was happy again), Dr Eckert said, "I'm impressed." That was a huge compliment because I think she walks on water. She is the bestest doctor ever, and her nurse, Kimberly, has been a saving grace for me time and time again.

When I was prego, I called at least once a week with questions. Kimberly always called me back that day--even when it was 5:30 p.m. and it was beyond time for her to go home. Kimberly always makes time for me. I still call her today with questions from my pregnant sister-in-law in Florida who, let's face it, doesn't have a kick butt nurse like Kimberly.

Oh, and Dr. Eckert, she wasn't the doctor on call when I went into labor with Oscar, but she stayed with me anyway and delivered Oscar at 10:04 p.m. on September 5. When the doctor on call showed up, they performed my C-section together. So I had 2, yes that's right, 2 doctors for the price of 1 on Oscar's birth date.

Well, I've rambled enough. Here's a happy video of Oscar (from yesterday) playing in his play pen. Of course, this distraction only lasted for 5 minutes and he wanted to be picked up again.

No comments: