As promised, here are some highlights from David's trip to Mexico, Missouri this week. I got my airplane facts a little confused in my post earlier this week. David completed the rudder in the Mexico workshop, and will complete the tail here at home. I had it backwards earlier this week.
The plane David is building, the Zenith CH701, is in the Experimental Aircraft group of airplanes. I wish I understood more about this stuff, but it makes my head hurt. What I do know is that one of the rare things about the Zenith is how quickly it becomes airborne. I've included a video of the takeoff so you can see for yourself. Right below it is a video of the landing. David shot this footage himself while up in a Zenith. Don't worry, he didn't fly while filming. There's another pilot, Roger, in the plane with him and they took turns flying.
In Oscar news, I finally got a call back from Lauren, my parent educator in the Lee's Summit Parents as Teachers program. The parent educators are super booked this time of year. Lots of babies being born in Missouri I guess. Anyway, she's coming over February 7th for our first official home visit. I am so excited. I have so many questions for her.
When I told her this over the phone, she was like, "Okay, can you give me an idea of some of your questions so I can better prepare for our visit?" How cool is that? I already like her. Lauren was surprised to hear that Oscar wants to be on his tummy--all the time. She was like, "how many minutes a day would you say you spend doing tummy time?" I was like, "Oh, I'd say hours." She laughed and said, "I gotta see this." She explained to me how most 4-month olds don't really like tummy time that much. Oh well.
Here's a photo of Oscar the adorable just hanging out on his tummy.
Well, I'm off to bed, tomorrow I'll post about my super fun "girls day out" with Shannon today. It was my first time going out (sans Oscar). I needed it, I didn't know I needed it, but I did. Good night, friends and family!

3 comments:
I have a nerdy question in response to the second flight video. How come the plane landed next to the strip on the ground instead of on the pavement?
And Oscar is looking more adorable every day. :)
OMG! I am so excited to show those to Graysen ad Seth. You know how proud they are that they know someone (David) who is "qualified" to fly an airplane. They will be tickled to see these!
Hi Sara,
David's first answer to your nerdy question was that Roger the pilot has a lazy eye. Ha! Ha!
David's serious answer is:
Roger was demonstrating the soft-field capabilities of the plane.
Seriously, how hot is my nerdy husband?
Post a Comment