Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Waking Up and Steppin' Out





Oscar is such a peaceful waker-upper after a full night's sleep. He coos and grunts and patiently waits for me to come and get him. It's weird because when he wakes me up at 4/5 a.m.-ish for breakfast, he is not a happy camper. At that time, he wants his milk, he wants it now and he wants to go right back to sleep for another 4 to 5 hours--which, of course, is more than fine with me.

But, when he's ready to get up for the day, he just lays in his crib, usually on his tummy. When I show up, he looks at me like, "Oh, is it time to start our day, Mommy? Okay, then, let's get started. Ready when you are." Too cute. Btw, don't you love his pajamas? If only we could all walk around with puppies on our booties. Speaking of booties, Oscar's bootie, (in support of the writers' guild), is on strike. We haven't had a poop since last Tuesday. Yikes. The books say this can happen with breastmilk-fed infants, but I'm still going to call the doctor tomorrow. (Cuz that's how I roll).

For the "steppin' out" portion of this blog post, I just have to show off these handmade baby gifts from my good friend, Sandi Devenny. Sandi is 24 weeks pregnant with her little baby Benandi. (Yay!) Since Sandi and her hot hubbie, Ben, are not finding out the sex of the baby and are not sharing their baby names (I don't blame them), the little bean has been nicknamed "Benandi." Sandi is my very talented friend who works as a designer at Hallmark.

Before coming to Hallmark, she designed baby clothes for Carters. (Yes, Mommy, I've told Sandi that you think Carters makes "the best baby clothes in the world."). Anyhow, Sandi made these adorable shoes and blocks for Oscar. Thank you, Sandi. Please take note of her attention to detail with the tags and washing instructions. In case any of you are interested, Sandi will be designing and selling baby shoes and blocks for/to the public.

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

OK, let's get real here folks....Yes, Oscar is strong - very strong. After all if you had puppies in your bootie you'd be strong too - trying to kick them out!

I congratulate Sandi & Ben on their forthcoming arrival. On a peronsal note, is Ben really hot or is that just a mid-western term that I may not be familiar with?

On a serious note I trust that by the time somebody reads this post that the strike in Oscar's bootie will have been settled - otherwise, please call me immdeiately!

Love to all especially cute boy who has been awfully quiet,
Daddy