I'm missing my man today, and I'm not alone--Oscar misses his daddy. The picture above was taken when Oscar was about 6 weeks old. He's wearing his "I Love Daddy" hat and airplane sleeper.
I found it fitting to upload this photo because David is in Mexico, Missouri today taking the first steps to fulfilling his lifelong dream of building his own airplane. Yay! He's participating in a metalworks workshop. Today, he constructed the tail of his Zenith airplane. How cool is that? He's bringing the completed tail home tomorrow, along with the rudder, which he will construct here (at home). He has our camera with him, so I don't have any Oscar photos or videos from today to share.
In other news, the bootie strike is still in effect. We're on day 9 with no poop. I spoke with the nurse today and she said there's no reason for us to worry. For now, the only thing I'm worried about is the day Oscar finally does poop. I have a feeling whatever comes out of him on that fine day will not be confined by any diaper. I guess we'll see. I promise not to include photos.
Guess what? Oscar is napping again. Thanks to my bestest friend in the world and Baby Wan Kenobi, Shannon. You all saw the videos of Oscar playing on his tummy until he was completely tuckered out. You saw how I would try and roll him on his side when he started grunting and crying, and how he would promptly roll back to his tummy and cry some more. Well, Shannon and I were talking and she was like, "He's going to get tired from holding his head up (on his tummy). Why don't you just let him tire himself out?" Sounds so basic, but she was so right. I've been letting Oscar cry and grunt since Tuesday and after about 10 minutes, he puts his little head down and takes a nap. Thank you, Shannon!
The photos below were taken a couple of days ago when daddy was feeding Oscar. The little guy fell asleep mid feeding.

1 comment:
wow, that's a happy face. I want to see tail pics. Airplane tail, that is.
Post a Comment