Not-so good news: I can't get him back on his back. You know the rule: "back to sleep, tummy to play." Well, our Oscar now wants to be on his tummy all the time. (Or so we think).
All of my experienced mommy friends warned me that I would be flipping him over all night long if I tried to keep him on his back and they were right--cuz I tried it. Here's how that played out: This morning at 4 o'clock, Oscar woke up hungry as usual. So, I fed him, burped him and put him back to sleep (on his back) and he promptly flipped on to his belly. I waited a second and flipped him on his back. Well, you can already guess what he did. So, Oscar and I did this little song and dance for about 30 minutes, until I gave up and left him on his tummy. I even waited until he was asleep and flipped him and he rolled back over to his belly IN HIS SLEEP!
Good news: Olivia stops worrying and accepts that Oscar wants to sleep on his tummy. All is well in the universe. She goes back to bed with a newfound peace and clarity of mind.
Not-so-good news: Oscar decides some time between 4:45 and 8 o'clock this morning (when Oscar wakes up to start his day), that he is not perfectly content on his tummy or on his back. Oscar is momentarily happy on his tummy, but gets frustrated that he can't roll from tummy back to his back. Oh, the grass is always greener, my adorable son.
So, until Oscar gets his rolling abilities finely tuned, David and I have our hands full with a slightly cranky baby. We don't think it will be long until Oscar can roll back and forth with ease. Until then, he's really getting a workout. You can see for yourself in the videos! Oh, and we still think he's cute when he's cranky. Don't you?
(btw, the airplane quilt hanging on the wall in the first video was handmade by Oscar's Aunt Sara--David's sister--and her husband, Uncle Tim, helped. Isn't it beautiful)?

1 comment:
How do you EVER take your eyes off such cuteness even for 10 seconds?
Post a Comment