Here it is, the Zenith CH701. David flew this plane last month in Mexico, MO. Once he took it up in the air, he knew this was the plane to build. Not sure how many of you know that it's been one of David's lifelong dreams to build an airplane (a real one). Most of you do know that David is a huge R/C (radio control) airplane enthusiast. Our basement is his workshop and it makes me happy to hear him building away down there. I especially like the funny names his airplanes have, e.g. "Bird of Time," "Clever Boy, " and "The Flying Lawnmower."
When I tell people that my husband is going to build an airplane, here is the list of questions (and answers) that typically follow. Maybe some of you will find them informative and/or entertaining.
Q: Your husband's building an airplane? A real one?
A: Yes, a real one.
Q: Where will he build it?
A: In the garage
Q: How long will it take?
A: 2-3 years
Q: Is it expensive?
A: Yes, but you can buy the pieces and parts one at a time and pace yourself financially.
Q: Will you fly in it?
A: Not too much, it's a 2-seater and I get motion sickness in 4-seaters. I don't think I'll do too well in a 2-seater.

David will begin building at the end of this month. He's starting with the rudder and tail. The rudder manual arrived last week, and David hasn't been able to put it down.

Here's an oldie-but-goodie. This picture (above) was taken after David earned his pilot's license.
And for my mom, mother-in-law, Shannon, Sara (and anyone else checking this blog daily), below is Oscar's latest tummy time session. Now that he can roll on to his belly with ease, holding his head up for tummy time is a breeze.
David will begin building at the end of this month. He's starting with the rudder and tail. The rudder manual arrived last week, and David hasn't been able to put it down.

Here's an oldie-but-goodie. This picture (above) was taken after David earned his pilot's license.
And for my mom, mother-in-law, Shannon, Sara (and anyone else checking this blog daily), below is Oscar's latest tummy time session. Now that he can roll on to his belly with ease, holding his head up for tummy time is a breeze.

3 comments:
Even though I can't see the video yet - I just want you to know you were made for blogging.
And for Sara! I read this too!
cute flyboys!
Post a Comment