Here's Oscar reciting "Hey Diddle Diddle." We didn't teach it to him, he learned it from school.
Makes me wonder how many other things he's learned at school that he's yet to share.
Love this photo of Otto.
And here's Otto being silly rather than singing "Wheels on the Bus."
Watermelon smiles. Looking at these pictures makes me miss these warm Summer days, now
that Fall is here.
David's company hosted a family fun day at Worlds of Fun (amusement park).
It was our first time going...and the boys had a blast.
We spent all our time at Planet Snoopy--formerly known as Camp Snoopy.
It's the toddler portion of the park where there are little to no height restrictions.
Oscar requested the pink jeep.
The boys enjoyed the boat ride...but we only let them ride it once.
"Why?" You ask. Well, because Otto kept leaning over and putting his hands in the water.
I can't believe they didn't stop the ride because of Otto.
Here's Otto with his hands in the water.
Next up, was the "Kites in a Tree" ride. I was sure the boys would love it. Oscar wouldn't
even approach the ride, so I just took Otto. Well, he was terrified...
So, I asked if I could ride with him...
And he loved it! You can totally hear him laughing as the ride drops and dips.
We probably overdid our stay at Planet Snoopy. Otto clearly needed a nap.
And this time, they actually stopped the ride, when Otto started to slide off.
Whoops.
Look at my boys playing so nicely at the pool.
Otto LOVES the water. Loves it.
There are always other kids to play with at the neighborhood pool. And if you bring
toys with you, you're automatically the most popular kiddos. (We always bring toys).
Is this a beautiful picture or what?
I call this video "Avocado Otto."
Seems like we have a birthday party every other weekend these days.
Here's a fun video of Oscar and his friend, Auggy, playing at a friend's party. Do you remember
being this young and having so much self confidence? (me neither).
Here's Oscar at our friend, Tucker's bug birthday party. First the kids got to hunt for plastic bugs.
Then they had to reach in this gooey goop and pull out the plastic spiders.
Then, the boys enjoyed bug-themed cupcakes.
Oscar & Chase are best pals. (most of the time).
Otto REALLY liked his cupcake.
Cody doesn't like hugs, he just hates storms. It's the only time he wants to cuddle with me,
so I take full advantage.
Look at my scared big baby.
Here's a much happier Cody (and Courtney) in a video I call "Sun-Loving, Fun-Loving Doggies"
Most of you know that Oscar's been going to gymnastics once a week--with his preschool--for a while now. He loves gymnastics day. So, David and I were really excited to attend our first "parent watch day" at Oscar's gym. David and I arrived at the gym and waited for Oscar's school bus to arrive. We're such dorks.

Here's a video of Oscar's class galloping around the gym--to warm up.
Oscar was clowning around. He was so excited to see David and me there.


Here's the class attempting handstands.
Oscar being a ham

Here's the first part of Oscar's gymnastics "routine."
Look at that upper arm strength :)

Look at that form!
Here's a closeup!
And here's the second part of Oscar's gymnastics routine.
There's Oscar in the background bouncing.
So proud to receive his trophy.

Happy boy and happy momma.
Otto isn't in gymnastics, but likes to be bounced on our trampoline at home.
Here's Otto at a gymnastics birthday party mesmerized by a fake flower decoration there.
Here's Oscar super happy and super sweaty--waiting for birthday cake.
Oscar's at the age where he wants to do everything himself. (Note the upside down sunglasses). He does not want help because he's a stubborn boy with 2 very stubborn parents.
Summer time means school field trips at Oscar's school. I try to attend every field trip, because
Oscar loves having me there. I know this won't always be the case.
Here's Oscar excited to feed some animals at Faulkner's Ranch.
Oscar on a pony ride.
But, for some reason, the highlight of every field trip is the bus ride.
Oscar is obsessed with school buses.
Here's Oscar (and a friend) at the KC zoo
Quinn and Oscar
Quinn and Oscar
Oscar and Chase. Bestest of friends--but don't be fooled by Chase's angelic
expression.
Because sometimes, Chase can be a little sh#t. (But so can Oscar, so it's all good).
What can I say, the ladies love my Oscar.
This Father's Day, we decided to go to brunch as a family. It was very crowded, and I don't know if we'll attempt it again, but it was still fun.
Otto only has eyes for this cookie...
The best of Father's Day brunch, was leaving the restaurant and walking to a nearby park with the horse fountain.
The boys love being outdoors and we love that they love it.


No comments:
Post a Comment