Pediatric dentists have come along way from when I was a kid. This office is totally kid-themed with dinosaurs and toys.
Plus, Oscar got to wear sunglasses during the exam.
Brothers
Oscar loves his sandbox...even when it's super cold outside and he needs not one (but two) jackets to stay warm.
Cody likes to keep Oscar company while he's outside playing in the sand. It's like he's part dog, part babysitter. Look how gray my Cody boy is getting.
I posted this video on FB when it actually happened last spring, but here's Otto finally saying "Oscar."
I finally bought Oscar a pair of light-up sneakers. Don't worry, mom, they're stride rites. And, they also apparently give Oscar super powers. Here's a video of Oscar to the rescue.
It wouldn't be spring in KC without a hail storm in the middle of the night.
I call this video of Oscar "Scared As Hail..."
Once Oscar got over his fear of the hail, he wanted to hold it.
Thanks to our friend, Meghan, we got a great deal on an air hockey table for the boys. Meghan knew I was on the lookout for an air hockey table and she spotted this one in the Hallmark want/consignment ads. The boys love it!
Two other Spring annual activities for us are the Flights of Fancy Kite Festival (here in Lee's Summit) and the Tulip Festival (in Wamego, KS).
Oscar was so excited to see his school friend, Quinn, at the kite festival.
Here's David teaching Oscar how to fly his kite solo.
And here's what happens when you let go of your kite string for just a second. I call this video "Oh Crap."
Otto wanted to get in some of the kite-flying action.
Look at where the kite string is--right against Otto's neck. Kite Festivals can be kind of dangerous, no joke.
Packing it up and calling it a day at the kite festival...now off to a birthday party.
We're off to see the tulips, the wonderful tulips of Wamego.
Otto Tulips
Here's how we torment David when he's driving. Why? Because it's fun for the whole family--even David.
After 8 months of being potty trained-wearing underpants and peeing in the potty like a champ, Oscar finally decided to poop in the potty. For 8 months, he'd refused to poop in the toilet, rather would hold it all day and then ask for a diaper to poop in (when he got home from school). I told Oscar that when he finally pooped in the potty, he would get a big surprise. Do you know what he wanted as his surprise? He wanted to go to work with me for the day. How cute is that?
So, I brought Oscar to the office with me for a little bit. Here he is with my friend, Casey.
And here he is with my friend, Joan.
The whole pooping thing was perfectly timed because he did it the day before his class field trip to the farm, so I was already planning on taking the day off to go on the field trip. So, we went to the farm and afterwards, I brought Oscar into work to say hi to my friends.
Then, we went to Union Station to check out some trains.
Here are some pics from earlier that day--at Deanna Rose Farm with Oscar's class. In the pic below is Oscar's wonderful teacher, Miss Sarah, and his buddy, Luca.
We love Miss Sarah.
Checking out some animals.
Goofing around
Riding the bus is so much fun!
Here's a random shot of Otto and David playing with bubbles.
Oh, and the weather finally warmed up for us to enjoy some ice cream outside.
Oh, and this is funny. I signed up to "assist" with Oscar's T-ball team. He wanted to play T-ball and I thought it would be fun to help out. I didn't realize I was signing up to be the Assistant Coach. So, when I showed up for the first game, they had a coach shirt waiting for me. What the what? It was fun, (humiliating for me), but fun at the same time.
And here we are enjoying our annual Easter egg hunt at the Kasey's house. Karen and Ben are so good about doing this fun activity for us each year.
And last, but certainly not least, Otto turned 2 this month.
We celebrated with an indoor pool party at the community center.
Here's his Elmo cupcake cake! Yep, this cake is actually made entirely of cupcakes. Brilliant!
Here's Otto's party listed on the flat screen, once you enter the community center.
Enjoying some juice and sandwiches, while waiting for all the guests to arrive.
Singing happy birthday to Otto!
Sterling prefers use the hands-free method of eating cupcakes.
Messy Birthday Cake Faces
Finally, it's time to swim!
Oscar is such a big boy now, he can go down the slides all by himself.
Well, that's all for now. Hope to post more from Spring very soon. Especially since Summer is just about over :(

No comments:
Post a Comment