
Christmas 2009 was an especially memorable one for us. Not only was it Otto's first Christmas, but it was also the day after Otto was released from Children's Mercy hospital. He was admitted by his pediatrician on 12/23 because of a weeklong fever and ear infection. We later learned his blood test results also showed that he was anemic. Whether or not the anemia was caused by the ear infection or if Otto is actually an anemic little guy, we'll know within the next several months.

The boys got some great gifts and Oscar has lots of favorites. I think his most favorite present is his twilight turtle nightlight from his Aunt Sara (David's sis).
He liked it so much and it works so well, I went online and ordered 3 more for birthday gifts for Oscar's friends.
I don't think Sara knew this, but Oscar's been a little afraid of the dark lately, and David has tried 2 different nightlights in Oscar's room, but neither seemed to comfort Oscar. The twilight turtle is awesome, though, it projects constellation-like stars on the ceiling and walls of Oscar's room. Oscar insists on sleeping with his turtle. He just loves it.
We had to open them immediately so he could start playing.
Otto is more than happy to have his big bro show him the ropes.
Oh, how Oscar loves matchbox cars. Santa left him some in his stocking and Oscar could "race them" for hours.
Lastly, we had a White Christmas this year. I think it might be our first KC Christmas where it actually snowed ON Christmas. The dogs loved it!


1 comment:
What cute pictures of the boys! And I'm SO glad Otto is doing so much better.
Post a Comment