Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Some Funny Firsts

I've been taking lots of videos lately, but not as many pictures.

Here are two pics of Daddy and Oscar flying R/C planes. See how Oscar points to the plane in the sky...







Oscar has had lots of "firsts" over the last couple of weeks.


It wasn't his first time seeing snow, but this is the first time we've brought some in the house for him. He really, really wanted to go outside, but we were having a nasty wintry mix of snow and ice. Yuck.

Later on David took Oscar sledding for the first time. He really liked it.

Oscar can say "yellow." It's really cute. We've been working on our animal sounds too.


Here are my two guys playing with the snow. Oscar has quite the arm--don't you think?

Our parent educator asked us if Oscar could jump on command. Of course, he wouldn't do it while she was here. Later on that night, we practiced stomping.

Here's Oscar making his own music.

Here's Oscar jumping on command. He wanted me to join in, but it's getting too hard for me.

Oscar just made up this game with a wooden spoon and a bouncy ball. I think we may have a future basketball star on our hands.

Can you believe the silliness below? David and Oscar do this little routine on the changing table at bedtime. I can hear Oscar squealing over the monitor. Here they are goofing off at the dinner table. I love it.

Oscar can say "Elmo." It's more like "Melmo," but we're so proud of him. He can identify most of the Sesame Street characters too.

Lastly, look how well Oscar can drink from a regular water bottle. David and I have just grown used to sharing anything we're eating or drinking with Oscar. If we're consuming it, he wants in on the action. Well, that's all for now.

My mom comes this Friday to help prepare for the baby--who is still due on 4/23. I hope to blog again soon, but I guess we'll see how this week goes! So far so good, I've been having some contractions and am starting to get a little uncomfortable as the baby drops even lower, but otherwise, I feel pretty well. We can't believe Oscar's brother is almost here...

No comments: