Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

"C" is for "Cracker"




Happy Holidays, Everyone! We've had a busy week with our most exciting highlight being Oscar's First Word-"cracker." It's been practically impossible for us to get it on tape--even though he says it all the time!
The pictures above are Oscar's School Pictures taken last month. I only have hard copies, so David was kind enough to scan them in.

If anyone is wanting to send Oscar a gift and wondering what to send-please send toys. He's now at the age and stage where he's truly playing with his toys and stuffed animals. David and I are doing our best to not give him too many too toys at once.
Below, Oscar is playing with his "Pound-a-Ball" gift from Chandra, Matt and Baby August. It's a birthday gift we just opened up this week. He loves it. It's very physical--just like him.

It didn't take him long to get the hang of it.


Oscar still enjoys spending his down time cuddling with Courtney and Sasha. This picture with Courtney is not staged at all. Oscar just walked over to her, plopped down and she rested her head on his belly. She might actually be sniffing his diaper. Oh well.


Oscar really enjoyed helping me decorate the Christmas tree. He's a good helper.

He also enjoyed touching each and every ornament on the tree.

Okay, we know Oscar can say "cracker," I think he might be saying "yeah" here. Every night, when he's finished eating, I make the baby sign for "all done," and say, "all done." Lately, he's been responding just like this. He's been doing this for at least a week. You be the judge.

Here's Oscar playing with his new magnet/chalkboard set--from Santa.

The reverse of the chalkboard is a dry erase board.

Here's Oscar being silly with Daddy at mealtime. We were feeding him some of Aunt Shannon's yummy taco meat--my Christmas gift. That's right. I love Shannon's tacos and told her earlier in the year that I wanted her to make a me a big batch of taco meat for Christmas--and she did. She puts all kinds of yummy seasoning in it and blackbeans. Oh, and the meat comes from her cow. She purchases a cow every year and has the meat divided up into all different cuts, etc. We keep saying we're going to do it, but will need to invest a in a larger freezer. Anyway, I digress...

He likes playing with big boy spoons.


Okay, here it is--but you have to listen carefully-Oscar says "cracker" twice in this video. I think it happens at 34 seconds and 42 seconds-give or take. It's so cute. I hope you can hear it.
Have a Safe and Happy New Year and I hope to post more next week!

2 comments:

SkipFitz said...

Awesome. I'm pleased to know we're the ones responsible for giving Oscar a hammer and encouraging him to destroy things.

You're going to give August a detonator for his birthday, aren't you?

Shannon said...

Um YEAH, he is saying"yeah."