Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Fun Moments in Between the Sickness!

I'm sorry it's been so long! Oscar was sick for almost the whole month of October. He endured a bad cold, hand foot and mouth virus and a stomach flu which spread through the one-year-old classroom in less than 2 days!

My mom was kind enough to come stay with us while Oscar's hand, foot and mouth virus healed. The doctor said it would take 7-10 days for the ulcers in his throat to go away, so mom stayed with us for a week. She took care of Oscar every day so David and I didn't have to miss any more work. Oscar was happy to spend time with his grandma and David and I were relieved to not have to switch off with each other every day with "sick kid duty."

Below is Oscar's birthday outfit from Papi, Tere and Alicia. (The shoes are from Shannon)


Here's Oscar modeling his birthday shirt from Shannon.


In between the sickness, we were able to catch some fun videos and photos of Oscar. I love the way he yells at Courtney in the video below. It's like he's trying to say, "Hey, Come Back Here!"

Playing with Grandma! Everything goes in the mouth these days. We're in the process of cutting 3 molars! He's been waking up at night shrieking in his sleep and then drifting back off. Baby Orajel has become our bestest friend.


Oscar's loves to read his giant touch and feel book "Violet's House." For any parents of small children reading along--this is the coolest touch and feel book. I highly recommend! (It's from Baby Einstein)




You can tell how high Daddy is jumping by the state of Oscar's hair!


Oscar made of up a new "Where's Oscar?" game (below). It involves a colander.

We recently discovered that Oscar loves it when his laugh and learn puppy makes the barking noise. I think it comes right after the "Hooray." Either way, check out how he smiles every time the dog makes its little growl/bark sound.


I scream, You scream, We all scream because Oscar screams. (Note: the high chair cover seat cover is missing). It was in the washing machine. Oscar's stomach flu was really gross. You don't want the details.


Oscar's 2nd Halloween. He's a peanut. I sent a cell phone pic that night to some family members. I guess the resolution wasn't that clear because we got all kinds of costume guesses-from Peanut to Corn Husk to Mushroom to Gator.


The costume didn't stay on too long...



I love this photo because he looks like Planters peanut guy. I want to give him a cane and a monacle.

David bought Oscar some really cool books this week. They have googly eyes and they drive Oscar totally bonkers. For those of you who are thinking I'm looking a little thick in the middle/backside. I'm 14 (almost 15) weeks pregnant. (yay!) More details on that to come.
Have a great week everybody! I won't be able to post next weekend, but I hope to post the weekend after that!

1 comment:

Sandi D said...

i LOVE the peanut costume!!! too cute!!!