Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 10, 2008

Double Trouble

I wasn't able to post last week because as I feared, Oscar's cold moved into his ears--both ears!
While he was dealing with a cold and double ear infection, I was sick with a cold and double pink eye. Seriously. David also came down with a cold and the two of us are still having these really annoying coughing fits. Other than that, we're all on the road to recovery. Oscar (knock on wood) appears to be in the best shape.



We recently barricaded our sofas together so Oscar can have a little play fortress that is somewhat childproof and dogproof. Somewhat is the keyword there. Don't know if you can tell from the pic ahbove, but those shiny spots are two sets of doggie eyes looking longingly at Oscar. He, himself, is trying to bust through the barricade to go play with his canine companions. The good thing is, Oscar's almost always within licking distance for Courtney--Oscar loves doggie kisses.


Courtney knows she gets "cleanup duty," once Oscar is finished eating his cracker. I'm waiting for the day when Oscar realizes he can feed Courtney--then we're all in trouble! You can tell she's trying to give him the hint right now--"just a little to the right, Oscar."

Sometimes (video below), Courtney doesn't wait until Oscar's finished eating before she starts cleanup. If I don't put the brakes on the high chair, she'll push Oscar across the kitchen! He loves it.

A rare and cuddly moment from Oscar. Maybe it's because he was sick, or because I was sick or maybe it's just a phase, but Oscar's had some cuddly moments this week. They don't last long, but I love them.

Oscar loves playing with magnets. In case you're wondering, he's wearing a dishtowel wrapped around the waist. That's how we dry him off after one of his after-dinner sink baths.

Still loving trying to break through the childproof latches (below)--followed by another rare and cuddly moment.

I shot the next several videos tonight. Oscar got a case of the sillies while "eating" his ravioli. I wasn't making faces at him or anything, he was just super silly, so I had to record it.

So, he didn't want to eat too much of his pasta, so I tried some green beans. He really enjoyed those. Oscar eats the healthiest--out of all of us. As I type this, I'm eating a bowl of cereal.




Oscar's been doing a lot of walking at school, so he's been coming home super tired. Didn't get the chance to record many home walking videos, except for this one below. His teachers say he's been walking across the classroom. Wow. This is happening so fast.

"If daddy's eating it, I want it."

Here's Oscar and Daddy below just before bedtime. Oscar is so tired, but still wants to play. One of the many things I adore about him. As David was putting him to bed tonight, Oscar was barely awake, but reached out for his barking dog crib toy and pushed the button to make it bark and sing--and then zonked out.


No comments: