Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Baby Steps

I'm running behind on my post this week because Oscar and I both came down with a cold. I even had to call into work, which I hardly ever do. I'm just about better, but wondering if Oscar's cold is moving into his ears. Let's hope not.

The good thing about this post running late is that I can now include this hot-off-the-presses video of Oscar just about walking. David shot this video tonight and you can tell by all of our screams and squeals, just how excited we are. Oscar seems to be so thrilled with himself. He's been working on taking steps for a while now, so this has to be jut as exciting for him. Enjoy!

Oscar has been enjoying playing ball lately. Sometimes he plays with 2 at the same time. David and I can even play fetch with him. He loves to chase the ball too!

As we're transitioning into cups, we've started "rewarding" Oscar with a bedtime bottle. We're trying to do just cups during the day and a big fat bottle of milk at night. Oscar now likes to hold his bottle himself. As you can see, he's quite comfortable just lounging and drinking away.

It's true, Courtney is a crazy dog, but she can be a pretty good cuddler. Oscar's newest thing is to try and roll on to her (and the cats) and snuggle. To meet his snuggle fix, I've been introducing Oscar to all the stuffed animals he received at my baby showers and when he was a newborn. I don't have video to share, but I've been laying them down on the rug and he rolls all over them. If I'd been feeling better this week, I'd have more to share. I'm just wiped out.


Mealtime continues to get messier and messier. Watch what happens when Oscar gets a little waterlogged during cleanup. Too cute. Well, that's all she wrote for this week. Gotta get some rest and prepare to catch up on what I missed at work last week. (sigh).

No comments: