It finally happened--Oscar had his first big fall. This happened during recess when Oscar wanted to sit like a big boy at the little picnic tables. The teachers say before they could reach him he slid right off the bench and fell face first onto the cement ground. Ouch. Poor baby boy.
Last week, for Oscar's birthday-his Aunt Sara and Uncle Tim surprised him with a retro rocket radio flyers scooter shuttle type toy. Oscar's diggin' it.
This video shows his first time on the rocket.
...and blasting off through the kitchen.
While I've got a little bit of a flying theme going on here, here's some footage of Daddy and Oscar flying one of Daddy's R/C planes. This is the face David makes when his batteries die mid flight and he needs to make an emergeny landing. Just more photographic confirmation of where Oscar gets his signature serious expressions. (Mom, have you noticed Oscar's wearing several of your birthday outfits in this post)?
Oscar loves playing peek-a-boo. His newest favorite thing to do is "surprise" me while I'm going to the bathroom. Don't worry, I'm not actually going to the bathroom here. I'm just pretending and waiting for Oscar to show up so I can record how excited he gets. It's the cutest thing
My friend, Linda S--at Hallmark--bought Oscar this cool toy with interchangeable musical light up gear parts. I'm not sure who's enjoying it more--Daddy or Oscar. Thanks, Linda!
In keeping with the Oscar De La Hoya theme of this post, Oscar had his 12-month checkup this week. I didn't bring the camera with me because I went without David and wanted to focus on keeping Oscar (and myself) calm for his 12-month shots. It's been a rough and tumble week for Oscar because those shots were a doozy. Between the shots, the fall and Oscar cutting tooth number 5--he's had an uncomfortable week. I shot this video the morning of the appt while Oscar was blissfully unaware of his appt with the doc.
Here are Oscar's stats from his appt:
Height: 30 1/4 " -60% percentile
Weight: 20 lbs, 8 oz--20% percentile
Head Circumference: 46 1/4 cm--50% percentile
According to the doc, one thing we need to stop doing is feeding Oscar jarred baby food. He's officially ready for a 100% table food diet. Oscar has decided that food tastes that much more delicious if Daddy eats it first.
Here he is chatting away in his chair.
Oscar likes to eat peas. He also likes to clap and play. Here's what it looks like when he does all 3.

No comments:
Post a Comment