Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Half a Week of Highlights



I'm doing a quick mid-week post this week that doesn't really have a theme, I just wanted to have a new entry up for my mom and my mom-in-law--who faithfully check the blog every weekend--because I won't be able to do my regular update this Friday night. I'm pretty sure checking the blog is one of the very first things our Florida families do on Saturday morning--and Oscar and I can't disappoint our fans, can we?

In Oscar news, he has a growing, gross fascination with Cody and Courtney's beds. Not saying that I blame him, they must look pretty cool from his vantage point. Now that Oscar's totally mobile, he (whenever he gets the chance) heads straight for the dogs' beds and when he's not lounging on them, he's nuzzling them with his face. David and I have decided to give in and we're hoping all those people who say it will just make Oscar more resistant to allergies are right. Aren't those the same people who says having dust in your home also prevents allergies? I really like those people.



Here is Oscar (below) with a musical walker today I bought from my neighbor. This is his first actual time playing with all the buttons and you can see how enthralled he is with his new toy! Mom, this is why I was so distracted on the phone last weekend!



He's really getting a workout with this thing. It amazes me how he instanltly seemed to know how the walker is supposed to work. We didn't even need to show him.



Okay, I love the way this video ends. Even though Oscar's almost 1, every once in a while, he still wants to cuddle with his mommy.



Here's Oscar eating Gerber Graduates mac and cheese with chicken and vegetables. Not the most productive way to eat, but it gets the job done. Lately I've been feeding Oscar in the buff. I'm getting tired of having to soak and pre-treat every single outfit, so until he can improve his self-feeding skills, Oscar will dine in his birthday suit.






After mac and cheese, we decided to take a dip in the pool. 5 minutes after this video was shot, Oscar took a monster-sized poop that resulted in David and me cutting his swim diaper off his body with scissors. Stinky Stinky!


As an early birthday present, we bought Oscar a set of musical instrument. I've been reading in his school activity sheets how much he likes the drums at school. At home, he prefers the maracas. Ay, Chihuahua!



This past weekend, I was talking to my brother, David, on the phone about how even though Oscar is too big for his Baby Bjorn carrier, my hubbie, David, was going to strap Oscar in and try and take Oscar kite flying. My bro was like, "I've gotta see this, " so I shot a quick video and took some snaps--all while keeping Uncle David on the phone.

Later on in the day, my David said he figured out how to make the kite actually stay in the air. Too bad I didn't get that on video. (sigh). You'll have to take his word for it.





When not playing with his new toys, Oscar uses David and me as his own personal play gyms. I mostly get my hair pulled, my stomach kicked and sometimes my shirt pulled completely down (around the v-neck opening) so that I've flashed (true story) an entire pizza restaurant-- while taking Oscar out of the restaurant's high chair. I've also given new meaning to the term "checkout line" at Target, when Oscar decided the front top of my shirt would make a great kleenex last week. I get public humiliation and physical abuse, David merely gets smothered and walked on.





Lastly, Oscar's other favorite non-toy toys are the magnets I've stuck on the dishwasher (within perfect reaching distance for him) and the childproofed cabinets that provide minutes of fun entertainment for Oscar. He's determined to get those suckers open!




Here are Oscar's Teachers' Notes from this Week--Oscar will be transitioning into the One-Year-Olds' Classroom on 9/8. Wow! He's been visiting his new classroom this week :


Monday:Oscar came to play with Ms. Angie and Ms. Kayla. He did great, loved outside play. Did not cry at all =). Go Oscar. Oscar had a good day. We sang ABCs and counted 1-5. He had his lunch everywhere today. It was even in his ears. LOL!

Tuesday: Oscar came to visit w/ Ms. Angie & Ms. Kayla again. He played with the mega block and read Mouse's First Day, Chika Chika 123 and the Blue Day Book.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

He's so cute pushing his walker!