Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 22, 2008

Baby on the Go-Go


Got lots of good Oscar/Daddy footage this week. As Oscar becomes more and more active, I'm relying more and more on David to help me tire him out before bedtime. David's been taking Oscar for walks every night after work for about an hour. Then we both do our best (David is better at it than I am) to help Oscar exhaust himself. You can see in the photo above that just the anticipation of being thrown in the air, is enough to put a big smile on Oscar's face.

I wish I'd been able to get video of this. If you can imagine it, Oscar was squealing with glee over and over again!
Below is a little video of Oscar playing with his peas. Mealtime has been extra messy lately. Thankfully, Courtney frequently stops by on cleanup patrol.

Here's Oscar walking with some wooden spoons. We got this idea from a neighbor.


When the weather's nice, David likes taking his radio controlled planes out for a bit. This was Oscar's first time watching and he REALLY enjoyed it!


We recently blocked off a little childproof play area for Oscar--using Oscar's toybox, our sofas and miscellaneous pieces of furniture. Cody and Courtney are desperate to be invited into the play area. It's pathetic, but so cute.

Oscar started clapping at home this week. When I told his teachers about it, they told me he claps all the time at school. I did not know that. I'm glad to have caught it on video, though.





Oscar is still a hair-puller...and a hair chewer and biter.

Oscar's newest favorite snack...nutrigrain bars.

Teachers' Notes from this week:

Monday: Oscar had a good day. Today he made a BIG BIG mess @ lunch. It was so funny, so if you find green beans in any funny/weird places--you know why! Today we sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "5 Little Monkeys Swingin in the Tree."

Tuesday: Oscar had a good day. We tried his lunch again, but he wasn't into it. But he ate some cheese. He got to play with Christalyn all day. They had a lot of fun. I think they missed each other a lot.

Wednesday: Oscar spent some time in Ms. Ashema's room. He went outside w/Miss Debbie and his friends next door. We read "Larry Learns to Listen" and What Will We Eat?

Thursday: Oscar had a good day. He did great w/lunch, maybe you oughta give him some noodles cause he loves them. Today he got to play with Marilyn. =) He liked that alot. Today we sang "5 Little Monkeys" & "BINGO"

Friday: Oscar had a good day. Today we read "First Words" and "Animals." He did good w/lunch today again! We played w/musical instruments toay. He like the drum the best. =)

No comments: