It's been a hectic week. Oscar came down with his second cold/ear infection on Sunday afternoon. Luckily, we were able to identify and treat the infection early, so his fever didn't last nearly as long as with the last ear infection. Regardless, though, he wasn't his usual self for the majority of the week, but seems to be bouncing back now.
The following videos were shot last Friday and Saturday--before Oscar's ear infection. We've been playing on the floor lots lately. My friend, Karen, and I went garage sale shopping with her mom and with the boys (Noah and Oscar) on Saturday. We found lots of good deals on baby clothes and toys. Oscar is already enjoying some of our bargains (see below).
Oscar loves vacuuming with daddy.
We like to joke that he looks like Tom Cruise in that Mission Impossible scene. You know the one, right?
Sometimes, the vacuum actually lulls Oscar to sleep. I don't have that on video, but I do have Oscar cooing--which happens just before he falls asleep.
Oscar is making so much progress with his solid foods. He'll eat every stage 1 vegetable--except for green beans. They're a little too thick, plus I don't think he likes the taste. He's had every stage 1 fruit (and loves them), except for prunes. We'll try prunes next week. For breakfast, we mix 1/2 container of stage 1 fruit into his oatmeal cereal and add water. He really enjoys it. For lunch, he eats one container of veggies. For dinner, he finishes the 1/2 container of fruit from the morning (w/out oatmeal this time) and I feed him another 1/2 container of veggies. He likes fruit and oatmeal so much, I don't even have to force the spoon into his mouth anymore. Yay!
Karen, her mom, Chris; and Noah stopped by for a bit after garage sale-ing on Saturday.
I LOVE this video (below). Oscar had so much fun watching Cody and Courtney play on Saturday. I just love his laugh. I also love the way he raises his eyebrows like his daddy.
Miss Sarah (Oscar's teacher) and her daughter, Christalyn, stopped by for a play date and pizza on Sunday afternoon. We ended up cutting the date short because Oscar started fussing. I had a feeling it was an ear infection and ended up taking him to urgent care immediately after Miss Sarah and Christalyn left. I hate it when Oscar's sick, but I was so relieved when the doc immediately spotted the ear infection and wrote out a prescription for Amoxicillin. I practically skipped out of the office like something out of Willy Wonka--waving my prescription and humming, "I've got a golden ticket."
Yay for Amoxicillin! Oscar started feeling better on Tuesday.
With recovery though, come drainage. Oscar hates having his nose wiped. He has amazing reflexes--super fast, like a cheetah. Don't be alarmed by the head bonking here. It sounds harder than it is.
Oscar is fascinated with Gigi and Sasha. In the video below, he accidentally scares Gigi (twice). She should be scared though, because Oscar is quite the hair puller. (I speak from personal experience).
Oscar loves cuddling with daddy. Still lots of drainage going on. Oscar even left a little "souvenir" on Daddy's shirt.
Well, that's all for now. I'll close with Oscar's school notes.
Teachers' Notes from this week:
Monday: Oscar got lots of love today!!! He was still not feeling good, but I took very good care of him. He played in the horse today, he also played with the cookie jar.
Tuesday: Checked Oscar's temp on and off today. It never got as high today as it did yesterday!!! His day was good--much better than yesterday. Today he played w/balls and we practiced the crawling position. I think as his day went on, he started feeling much better.
Wednesday: Oscar had a good day!!! He has been a sleepy baby!!! But, we got to read 2 stories in between naps and we played. The stories were "Clifford Plays Peek-a-boo" and "Meet Chuck the Dump Truck." He enjoyed both books.
Thursday: Today we read "The Very Busy Spider" and "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you see?" Oscar loved all the pictures in the books. They were very colorful. His favorite animal was the green snake.
Friday:Oscar had a good day. Today we read some stories out of the Highlights magazine. We also practiced "Ma" and "Da." We also played peek-a-boo & played with cars. I had him LAUGHING. It was the coolest thing to hear. =) Have a great weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment