
You are looking at my surprise Mother's Day gift from Oscar. You'll have to click on the photo to fully appreciate the detail work. It's a hand-painted box, a charm bracelet with Oscar's name and a personalized card with a poem. How sweet!
Oscar had a great week. He's moved up to Stage 2 vegetables and seems to really be enjoying the "Garden Vegetable" Gerber combination. It's a mixtures of peas, carrots and spinach. Oscar also tried prunes for the first time this week and loved them.
Here he is just goofing around in his high chair. For those of you grossed out by spit-up, you might want to avoid watching.
Oscar and I went garage sale-ing again on Saturday. It was sunny outside, so Oscar got to wear his new shades--a gift from our neighbor, Sergio and his wife, Madeline.

Oscar still loves jumping--even when he's not in his jumperoo. Here he is jumping in his saucer. What a nut!
Oscar's newest favorite thing to do is wash his hands. Whenever he hears the kitchen sink water running, he immediately looks over in the direction of the sink.
This is my favorite video of the week (below). Oscar's expression just cracks me up. It's like he's really concentrating on washing his hands and I keep breaking his concentration. Check it out.
I realize I have no actual proof to show you, but please take my word for it that Oscar
cut his first tooth this past weekend. I was feeding him in high chair and he kept grabbing the spoon and rubbing it on his gums in the same exact spot. So, I put my finger in his mouth and felt his little tooth poking through. It was sharp! Poor little guy. Just the top of the tooth has broken through, but Oscar won't let us photograph it. Every time we try, he covers it with his tongue.

In the meantime, Oscar's been latching on to whatever he can to try and get some relief.
He grabs fistfuls of my hair and shoves them in his mouth. He also likes to latch on to Daddy's face.



Here's Oscar making his "raspberry" sounds. So cute.
Here he is in his new bath seat in the "big boy bathtub." He's too active for his infant tub. Splashing around in the water makes Oscar so happy.

As always, I'll close with Oscar's teachers' comments from school this week:
Monday: Oscar had a good day. Today we read "Little Duckling" and "Little Piglet." Oscar likesd the piggy noises.
Tuesday: Today we took pics of Oscar with a cool hair do. I spiked his hair...It was sooo cute. Today we read, "Counting with Tigger."
Wednesday: Oscar had a good day, but he was not into his bottles today. Today he did some art work, but I can't tell you what it is, b/c it's a surprise =)
Thursday: Oscar had a good day. Today we played with the noisemakers. He loves to shake the shakers. We also practiced crawling. He is getting good about trying to move. I thik he will be crawling soon.
Friday: Today we went for a walk outside in the buggy. We also finger painted.
No comments:
Post a Comment