Spring is finally here! Woo-hoo! This past Saturday we took Oscar to the local annual kite festival. David, of course, brought his own kite to fly. (I knew he'd be an awesome dad).
After the kite festival, we walked over to the local coffee shop and relaxed for a little bit. As you can see (below), Oscar practiced lounging in the fancy schmancy leather coffeehouse chair.
Later that day, my friend, Karen, invited us over for a playdate with her son, Noah.
Noah was super fascinated with Oscar's dark hair and his ears. Oscar was pretty unaffected by all the attention--mostly because he was way more interested in Noah's chime garden flower toy.
Now that Oscar's sitting up, we're trying to give him as much floor time as possible.
We're also using this opportunity to train Cody and Courtney to be extra gentle with him--now that Oscar's playing more at their level (literally).
I'm still too much of a 'fraidy cat to clip Oscar's nails. Plus, as some of you may know, the sound of nail clippers drives me bonkers. Luckily, David doesn't mind taking care of Oscar's nails. Since the weather's been so nice, we decided to take this task outside. We even brought Sasha and Gigi outside with us. They were very excited to be out in the sunshine. Yay for spring!
Well, that's all for this week's post. As usual, I've included Oscar's teachers' notes from his daily activity sheet. Enjoy!
Teachers' Notes from this week:
Monday: Oscar had a great day! Can't wait to see him tomorrow!
Tuesday: Oscar had a good day. Today we read "Clifford's Noisy Day" and "Baby's Book of Words." He enjoyed both of the books. He had floor time w/his friends, Christalyn and Hadley. They played and cooed at each other. They had the best time. =)
Wednesday:Oscar had a great day. We didn't see him much today. He slept all day practically. When he was awake, he enjoyed playing in a circle w/all hi friends. We played patty cake today. Oscar thought it was funny. He loved his sweet potatoes today.
Thursday: Oscar had a good day. We ended up trying the peas 3 times today. I tried singing to him the 3rd time and he ate all the peas! You are good! I got Oscar to crack up laughing today. He was so cute! We read "The Very Busy Spider," and "Polar Bear , Polar Bear, What Do you Hear?"
Friday: Oscar had a good day. He is the only one who was happy today. He ate his food very well today. He moved from one side of the room to the other today. I don't know how he did it though. I'm going to have to watch him, so I can see it.

1 comment:
He is sitting up so well! And shame on you for tempting me with all those baby toes!
Post a Comment