Oscar and one of his favorite books "Puppy and Friends."
Practicing sitting w/the Boppy Pillows
Oscar Loves to Paint!
It's been such an eventful week. I'll try to make this post short and sweet--since the videos and pics do most of the talking anyway.
To sum up, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Oscar's school. I feel like his teachers have been real partners, kind of co-parents with us. This week Oscar, (thanks to the wonderful Miss Sarah), made significant progress with drinking from a sippy cup and sitting up. He's also getting used to solids. He tried peaches in his oatmeal this week and REALLY enjoyed them. He also has a new favorite vegetable: sweet potatoes.
The teething process has been a long one, and Oscar's had some fussy moments this week, but luckily, they didn't last too long.
Here's a video of Oscar practicing sitting up while looking at Gigi and waiting for Daddy to pick him up in the Baby Bjorn.
Sometimes, David and Oscar dance in front of the TV:
Here you'll see Oscar's first time "using" a sippy cup:
Oscar's parent educator, Lauren, stopped by Wednesday evening for his latest assessment. She wanted to try a hearing exercise again, because Oscar didn't respond as well (on his right side) last month. She thought he might have some fluid in his ear. Turns out, he had an ear infection. Here's some footage of this month's hearing exercise:
Lauren suggested David and I start working with Oscar on his single consonant "b" and "d" sounds. Oscar currently coos, grunts, squeals, laughs and screams. He loves to try and imitate our voices, so Lauren suggested we start with "buh" and "duh" and then get into the more complicated, "muh, " etc. Oscar gets a kick out of our single consonant sounds. Check it out:
Here's some footage from today of Oscar and Miss Sarah. I shot these videos on my way into Oscar's classroom. I love to spy on him from the window outside, just to see what he's doing before he spots me. I can't tell you how excited I am every day to pick Oscar up from school. It definitely makes my 40-minute drive home from work a much happier one!
Okay, so Miss Sarah and I have been talking about getting our her daughter, Christalyn, and Oscar together for a play date. Oscar and Christalyn are classmates and they play really well together. Christalyn likes to hold Oscar's hand. Anyhow, today I said to Miss Sarah, "Well, as soon as Oscar can sit up, we'll have a play date together." Miss Sarah smiled and answered, "Oh, he's sitting up." I couldn't believe it! Oscar learned to sit up today!!!!
Tonight I waited for David to come home and see for himself, before taking any pictures or video. So, here you have it--Hot off the presses: pics and videos of Oscar actually sitting up w/out any pillows!
Teachers' Notes from this week:
Monday: Today we read "Digger Power" & "Tonka's Months of the Year." Today Oscar played w/cars & rattles. He liked all the different noises that they made. His favorite rattle was the Mickey Mouse one. This afternoon was much better than this morning, but he was still a little fussy.
Tuesday: Oscar's day was great!!! We were very busy...but we practiced crawling! We did some tummy time to see if he would push himself up. He did pretty good, but we are going to keep trying.
Wednesday: Oscar had a good day! He took an awesome LONG nap, so we didn't get to work on the sippy cup today =( But we will work on it tomorrow.
Thursday: Oscar has had a good day =) He did good w/his sippy cup. He drank out of it. Maybe like 1 oz or 1/2 oz. He had a MAJOR poop today... LOL =) He felt so much better afterwards, he took a nap. Today Miss Ashema blew bubbles over the door and he liked them.
Friday: Oscar had a good day. Today we read "Christmas Baby," and "Elmo's World of Food." Oscar liked the food book the best! He loved all the bright colors of the food that Elmo showed him. I can't believe how well he is sitting up...Man, I'm good. LOL =) Thank you for the great snack. I loved it. You guys have a great weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment