Sara and Tim's visit was a short one. They arrived Friday afternoon and had to fly out Sunday morning. We were able to squeeze in a lot of quality time, though. Sara and Tim treated us to dinner at Jack's Stack Friday night. The weather was beautiful and warm (enough) Saturday to visit the City Market and take a nice walk on the plaza.
Here's some footage from lunch at the City Market:
David is convinced that orange is Oscar's favorite color. This video (below) was shot on the way out of the City Market--after lunch.
Since it was so sunny outside, we ducked in Gymboree on the plaza to buy Oscar a bucket hat. I purposely avoid these types of baby boutique stores becaue they're pricey and the clothes are hard to resist. Tim was no help in this regard. =) He immediately noticed the Gymboree "Aviator Collection" and that it was 40% off.
I quickly approached the cashier with 2 hats for Oscar (one with an airplane, of course) and some matching Aviator socks that Tim found. I did my best to get out of the store before buying everything in sight. The clothes are that cute!!!
As I was paying, I couldn't help but notice Uncle Tim picking out some seersucker Aviator shorts for Oscar, a coordinating Aviator T-shirt, an Aviator romper and an Aviator polo-type onesie. When it's warm enough, I'll snap some pics of Oscar the Aviator. Thank you, Uncle Tim and Aunt Sara for your generosity. We love the clothes. I smile whenever I look at them.
Saturday was our first time being out 'n' about with Oscar for the whole entire day. Oscar did so well, not one cranky spell. It was really nice having Sara and Tim's help. The carseat and stroller get heavy (as Sara quickly discovered), and Oscar's poop can be a little cuh-ray-zee at time--as Sara also discovered. Yep, that's right. Oscar took one of his legendary poops at Latte Land on the plaza, and Sara was such a help.
It would have been a much messier diaper change/cleanup, if Sara hadn't been there to help. Sara doesn't have any kids of her own but has been a labor/delivery nurse and is currently a nurse at an OB/GYN practice. She quickly morphed into nurse mode in the bathroom at Latte Land: "Olivia, right now I'm not really doing anything, so tell me what you need me to do." She was great. Thanks, Sara!
Here's a video of a foot-loose, fancy free, poop-free Oscar--who is currently obsessed with his feet. Enjoy!
Another one of this week's exciting events is (drumroll please)...Oscar is eating solids! His teachers and David and I have been trying all sorts of things to get Oscar to eat. I'll spare you all the details of all our different distraction strategies used to keep Oscar from crying while being fed. The most important discovery this week was when Oscar's teacher, Miss Sarah, figured out that Oscar likes his food served cold. It makes sense to me, considering his daddy never heats up leftovers and doesn't mind when his dinner goes cold.
Miss Sarah tried feeding Oscar cold bananas in his oatmeal cereal this week and Oscar took them down. After that, she suggested I try and feed him his squash cold at dinner--and it worked!!! I took the video below on Wednesday night, Oscar's first time eating cold squash and his first time eating so cooperatively!!!
Since Wednesday, Oscar's been doing exceptionally well with his solids! He has oatmeal cereal w/bananas mixed in every morning. He has a vegetable for lunch (either squash or carrots) and a vegetable for dinner (either squash, carrots or peas--since last night!). I'd temporarily given up on the green veggies, but Oscar's teachers suggested I try a different brand because the Gerber greens are so thick.
I bought the supermarket brand of peas this week and put a little bit on a spoon with carrots on top--to hide them. He took down the carrots and peas--no problem, so I started phasing out the carrots during the feeding. By the end, Oscar was eating straight peas. They aren't his favorite, but he's eating them. Yay! I'm only supposed to introduce a new food every 4 to 5 days, so I think I'll introduce peaches next week--for his oatmeal cereal. This solids thing is turning out to be a lot of fun!!!
We've been working some more on sitting up this week. Oscar is almost there! He uses the Boppy for support. Sometimes, he takes a well-deserved break on the Boppy. (Those are squash stains on his clothes).
Here's a random cute video of Oscar and Daddy spending some quality "Bjorn Time"
Monday: Oscar had a great day. He did pretty well w/fruit in his cereal. He did okay with the squash. It took us a while to get it in him. We read "Digger Power" and "Bloodhound Ben." Oscar loves Ben's wagging tail. He enjoyed playing with the spinning ball toy. He loved watching the ball go round and round.
Tuesday: Oscar had a good day. It took him a while to eat his carrots today, but I think as long as we keep this up, he will start enjoying it more. Oscar tried to crawl today! How exciting =) He had his cute little bottom in the air. He'll be crawling before you know it. We sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider," and "The Bumblebee Song" today.
Wednesday: Oscar had a great day. We have been sitting up w/almost no help!! We enjoyed the book you brought today. Oscar likes his oatmeal cereal and bananas cold!!!
Thursday: Oscar had a good day. Today we read "Morning, Mr. Mouse," and "Danny the Duckling." We practiced sitting w/out the Boppy. It only lasted for a few minutes, but we will keep working. I'm so happy we finally found out Oscar's secret to eating!!! Today we also played with cars-Oscar likes the Elmo car that pops the best!!!
Friday: Oscar had a great day. He has been very smiley today. He painted today! He loved it! We took pictures, of course. We read "Little Chick" and "Little Duckling." We sang "B-I-N-G-O" and "Wheels on the Bus." Have a great weekend =)

1 comment:
so darn cute! that top pic killed me & then that second pic. can't handle the adorableness! he sure does love his auntie!
Post a Comment