Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rude Awakenings



Today, Oscar and I had a lovely lunch with Aunt Shannon (pictured above), Uncle Rich and Aunt Sara Gaines (Oscar has two Aunt Saras-Gaines and Cytrynowicz). Shannon got lots of good Oscar cuddle time and fed/burped Oscar for me, Sara got to bounce Oscar and Rich got spit up on--sorry, Rich. Yes, I was a little embarrassed that Rich ended up wearing some of my breastmilk home, but the Bowmans are like family to David and me. In fact, our laundry has laundered in the same machine--so in my book, that's closeness. Oh, before I forget, I'd like to give a thank you shout out to Rich for carrying Oscar in his carseat through the cold rain to and from the restaurant for me. Rich also helped me get Oscar back in the car after lunch because a Suburban parked so close to me we couldn't open Oscar's car door. Rich had to watch traffic as I backed my car out slowly and then he quickly put Oscar in the backseat for me. What a guy/very experienced father of 2!

Oscar passed out for his afternoon nap as soon as we got home. I like to leave the TV on while Oscar's napping, so he'll get used to sleeping with noise. The TV doesn't bother Oscar when he's deep in sleep, but it makes him jump when he's starting to wake up. I probably shouldn't find this funny, but I do.

Shannon told me her sons used to do the same thing whenever she had the Chiefs game on. Whenever the Chiefs would score, her boys would jump in their sleep.
In this case, I have American Idol on in the background and it's the part of the show where the bad singers are being featured. If it makes anyone feel better, Oscar slept for a full 35 minutes after this video was shot. I sat next to him, listening to Idol and working on his baby book.

For the second half of my Rude Awakenings post, here's a short video and photo documentation of Courtney trying to nap with Sasha. Sasha made the mistake of getting too comfy for too long in Courtney's bed. Here's how Courtney responded:





1 comment:

Shannon said...

We had fun at lunch! I love baby Oscar!
Poor Courtney. What a good sport.