Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Christmas Morning 2010




Wanted to snap a quick pic of the tree with all the unopened presents underneath. David and I didn't want to go overboard with presents, since the boys are still at the age where they don't need a bunch of presents to make Christmas exciting. I know it won't always be this way, so we're enjoying it while it lasts.

The gift I was most excited about giving the boys this year, would have to be their play kitchen. On Halloween, we were at a friend, Mabel's house for our annual Boo Brunch, and the boys couldn't get enough of Mabel's play kitchen. It's not everyday that both boys are interested in the same toy AND sharing that toy together...so we made a decision then and there to get them a kitchen for Christmas.

When we pick the boys up from school everyday, they're always sitting and rocking in the school's itty bitty rocking chairs. I've been wanting to get some small rocking chairs for our house, but never got around to it. So, I decided to ask my mom if she wouldn't mind buying them for the boys for Christmas. As you can see from the pic, she came through.

Even though the boys love their rocking chairs and use them every day, nothing could compete with the kitchen Christmas morning.


Oscar loves opening and closing the oven.



Otto loves playing with the pans and burners, and taking things in and out of the fridge.


Found a portable little Thomas the train play rug for Oscar at Kohl's. It came with a Thomas the train whistle. Oscar loves the rug, Otto loves the whistle. Double Win!





And more footage of Otto with the whistle...


Those of you who check my Facebook, know that Grandma Kathy (David's mom) got the boys bells for Christmas. Between the whistle and the bells, we had a very joyful (and loud) Christmas morning.



I posted this video on FB several months back, it's Oscar enjoying his new bell.


Grandma Kathy also sent the boys some stuffed animals.


Here's Oscar with his new white tiger...or a zebra. I love the way his mind works.

I have brought up at work several times that our song cards are such a hit with the kiddos. I know we can't be alone with this, the cards are like toys. Honestly. The boys are still (in April-nearly 4 months later) playing with these song cards.

After opening presents, Oscar and David took the dogs for a walk.


Took these 2 pics the morning after Christmas, so that my mom can get an idea of how often the boys use the chairs she sent them.



That's all for now. Thanks for your patience as I remain 4 months behind in my blog posts. If we're not friends on FB and anyone wants to "friend" me, I post about the boys pretty regularly there. Gotta run, we've got a T-ball game to get to...

No comments: