Otto doesn't love the snow and ice as much as his big brother does, but he definitely likes being around Oscar.

Here's Otto trying to figure out how to walk on this stuff...

Oscar making a snow angel...
Here's Otto trying to figure out how to walk on this stuff...
Oscar making a snow angel...
Otto taking his first snow fall during the first snow of the season...
Oscar getting creative with the snow...





Will, the bashful birthday boy, with his mom, Anne. Anne and I work side by side at Hallmark and I love her dearly.


Ike and Oscar

Playing with Noodles at Wonderscope


There's my Otto, holding the green slinky I keep in my purse. He loves that thing.


We knew that Oscar's class (and the other preschool classes) would be singing 2 songs, but I'd only heard of one of the songs--and only because I begged Oscar's teacher to send me the lyrics so we could practice at home.
Here's the second song of the night: "L-O-V-E, That's how I spell Christmas."
Once Oscar and Noah were finished, we decided to let Otto try his hand at making some sugar cookies.
Brothers being brothers


Here we are at our friend, Will's 2nd birthday party at an interactive Children's Museum called Wonderscope. It was our first time going to Wonderscope and we're definitely going back.
Here we are at our friend, Will's 2nd birthday party at an interactive Children's Museum called Wonderscope. It was our first time going to Wonderscope and we're definitely going back.
Will, the bashful birthday boy, with his mom, Anne. Anne and I work side by side at Hallmark and I love her dearly.
Ike and Oscar
Playing with Noodles at Wonderscope
Noodles, noodles everywhere...
I have to say the highlight of the month for me wasn't the holidays, it was the boys' school holiday program.
I know myself well enough to know that the most rewarding part of parenting is stuff like this. I remember when I was trying to get pregnant with Oscar and I would listen to moms at work complaining about having to haul their kids to soccer practice, etc, and I would think: "I want to do THAT." I definitely wasn't a big fan of the newborn/baby phase of parenthood, but I love this part. The boys' personalities are emerging and it's so much fun to watch them interact with their classmates and participate in school events. I can't help it, I live for this stuff.
Luckily, our good friends Ben and Karen (Noah's parents) are the same way and they showed up at the church where the holiday program was being held, to reserve the front row for us. It was awesome.
The picture below is Otto's class and the other one-year-old classes getting ready to perform their routine to the Chipmunks.

The teachers had toys and other props on stage to keep the kiddos occupied. It was in keeping with the lyrics of the song because the Chipmunks sing about wanting a plane that "loops the loop, me, I want a hula hoop..." you get the idea.
The teachers had toys and other props on stage to keep the kiddos occupied. It was in keeping with the lyrics of the song because the Chipmunks sing about wanting a plane that "loops the loop, me, I want a hula hoop..." you get the idea.
Anyway, the pic below is Otto's friend, Brock (left), bringing Otto a helicopter. On the right (with the reindeer sweater) is Josh. Josh is Karen's friends Roni and Larry's son. My mom has met Roni before (at Karen's baby shower) and Roni and I were pregnant and the same time--me with Otto and her with Josh. Is this confusing? Sorry.
Here's the introduction of the performance...
Here's Otto's friend (and my boyfriend), Alden. Alden has an older sister, Adeline, who is in Oscar's class. So, Alden and Otto are classmates and Oscar and Adeline are classmates.
Here's Otto's friend (and my boyfriend), Alden. Alden has an older sister, Adeline, who is in Oscar's class. So, Alden and Otto are classmates and Oscar and Adeline are classmates.
There's my Otto, holding the green slinky I keep in my purse. He loves that thing.
And here's the performance, which pretty much was just a bunch of kids standing and walking around on stage. This definitely isn't the Chipmunks song I remember from my childhood. Sheesh, is nothing sacred?
Okay, and my favorite part of the evening was Oscar's class. I know I shouldn't admit this, but it's the truth. Once I plead my case, I'm sure you'll see where I'm coming from.
We knew that Oscar's class (and the other preschool classes) would be singing 2 songs, but I'd only heard of one of the songs--and only because I begged Oscar's teacher to send me the lyrics so we could practice at home.
We were told that Oscar's class had been practicing the 2 songs at school for several weeks, but Oscar wouldn't sing a peep for us at home.
Miss Sarah (Oscar's teacher) assured me that Oscar knew the words and would be fine on stage, but I was doubtful (shame on me). Several days before the program, Miss Sarah was able to find a Youtube video of some random kids singing L-O-V-E (the second song) and sent it to me, she couldn't find the actual lyrics. Whenever I would play it for Oscar, he would just smile at me and refuse to sing along.
You can see Oscar below in the checkered shirt (a gift from my Tia Gise).
Here's Oscar and his classmates lining up on stage.
Here's the first song of the night "Color Your Christmas with Love." David and I had NEVER heard this song before this exact moment and Oscar has refused to sing it for us since. I'm so glad we have it on video. The girl with the polka dot dress next to Oscar is his good friend, Abby. Noah is two down (on the left) wearing red.
Here's the second song of the night: "L-O-V-E, That's how I spell Christmas."
These videos bring me so much joy, I can't even contain myself. Seriously.
Here they are exiting the stage, Oscar gets a little confused and tries to sit with us, rather than exit with his class. God, I love that kid.
And here we have a new holiday tradition we hope to keep going from year to year: decorating cookies for Santa. It was Karen's idea and the boys had a blast.
The frosting of the cookies begins...Oscar is so serious, just like his daddy.
David has very good frosting technique. Me, not so much.
Sprinkles, anyone?...
Once Oscar and Noah were finished, we decided to let Otto try his hand at making some sugar cookies.
Well, that's all for now. It will probably take me another 4 weeks to post again, so thanks for being patient!

No comments:
Post a Comment