So much to update you guys on, so I'll get right to it.
Otto started walking two weeks ago--just shy of turning 18 months.
I was relieved to bring a walking Otto into his 18-month checkup on Monday.
Next up, is learning stairs. He insists on speed crawling up the stairs and has to be forced to climb then. He's a stubborn little boy, but that's okay, I've grown accustomed to his tantrums and feel less guilty making him do his exercises and his physical therapy.
Speaking of tantrums, Otto hates having his nails clipped. Anyone who knows me, knows I hate the sound of clippers. I wonder if Otto hates it too?
Otto DOES like the sound of his toy recorder though.
Who needs Nick Jr's Fresh Beat band when we've got our own Cytrynowicz Boys Band. Man, can these little guys jam or what?
Otto might be the little brother, but he's definitely the bigger bully. Serves Oscar right, though, Oscar definitely had this coming.
Well, you can definitely tell these boys are photographed a lot. They know how to work it for the camera, that's for sure.
My twin brother, David, came to visit us in August. We've lived here 11 years and this is the first time David has visited, so it was a pretty big deal.
Here's Uncle David spending some quality time with his nephew.

Oscar was really excited about the visit--especially since his cousin, Angelina came to play with him.

Here's Oscar giving Angelina a kiss

The kids really enjoyed playing with some Crayola sidewalk paint outside.
Oscar was really excited about the visit--especially since his cousin, Angelina came to play with him.
Here's Oscar giving Angelina a kiss
The kids really enjoyed playing with some Crayola sidewalk paint outside.
I assured my sister-in-law, Cathy, that this paint was washable. Sure hope this proved to be
the case because Angelina was sporting white stretch on this particular day of painting.

I'm so glad my husband took this picture of David because my brother has turned into quite the videographer. I think he taped the entire time he was here, so he's not in too many of the pics.

Here's David's wife, Cathy.

We went to Hallmark--to see where I work--and had lunch at Crayola Cafe across the street.
I'm so glad my husband took this picture of David because my brother has turned into quite the videographer. I think he taped the entire time he was here, so he's not in too many of the pics.
Here's David's wife, Cathy.
We went to Hallmark--to see where I work--and had lunch at Crayola Cafe across the street.
At the time of David and Cathy's visit, Oscar had been potty trained for maybe 2 weeks, so we were still making frequent trips to the bathroom. Every time we'd take a potty break, we walked by this shop in Crown Center. They had one of those toy weasels out front and Oscar thought it was real. He was mesmerized. I didn't know how to tell him it was a toy and then didn't see the point in telling him, because he was so enthralled with the weasel. He even offered it his Thomas the Tank toy. Pretty sweet, huh? We didn't leave the train though, that's just crazy talk.
The whole family (even the cats) enjoyed some quality bubble time.
Even though it was super hot outside, we took a trip to Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. We love this place.
I'm pretty sure my brother is the one who taught Angelina how to say "Yee Haw," either way, it's adorable. I couldn't really get it on camera though, of course.
They have a little area at the farm where kids can take off their shoes and splash around in the water. Oscar, for some reason, felt the need to completely undress.
Angelina really enjoyed playing with the boys' cars and trains. Cathy mentioned she doesn't have many car and train-type toys at home, so this was a whole new experience for her. Cool.
Wow, they boys are pistols, I tell you. This video is yet another reason why I work. I've got to give it to Oscar, though, he makes several compelling arguments here for why he shouldn't have to share his trains with his brother. I might have a future lawyer as a son, huh?
She had lots of fun playing with our giant bus, but even more fun when the bus collapsed.
I was able to catch a "yee haw" on this video. Woo-hoo!
Here's a sweet video of Oscar and Otto playing at the playground. I have an amazing husband, who manages to take both boys to the park and make sure they both have fun--and video the experience from time to time.
I already put this short video I call "Fearless Otto" on FB last month. Here's what happens when you take your eyes off Otto for one second at the playground. The boy is blissfully unaware and unafraid. Future linebacker, rugby player, stunt pilot? Who knows?
I also put this video of Otto drinking my herbal mint tea on Facebook. We've yet to find something Otto won't eat or drink. He has a very sophisticated palate. In fact, he had sushi last weekend--and liked it. Well, that's all for now. Hope to post again soon. I still need to upload a video of Otto's first steps. Maybe next time.

1 comment:
I love the blog. Thank you so much for sharing, Ovlia. David, Angelina and I really enjoyed our trip to Kansas. We look forward to seeing you in a few days.
Post a Comment