Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Whole Lotta Otto...

In a phone convo with my mom some time last month, she started drilling me with Otto questions, "what's he into? what does he do? what are his favorite foods?" It made me realize that in typical, parent of a second-child fashion, I have neglected to give much detail about the ins and outs of Otto's days, his likes and dislikes, etc.

So, I'll begin this post with both boys and I'll switch gears to nothin' but Otto.

I'll start off with our trip to Baldwin City, Kansas for "A Day Out with Thomas the Train." We bought our tix months in advance and arranged to go with our good friends, The Kaseys.

Unfortunately, it rained the whole day. This is my first time going to a rain or shine event, in the pouring rain. Here we are, trying to stay dry.


The event had lots of other train-related activities for the kiddos to enjoy while waiting for our train ride. We mostly just stayed huddled under whatever shelter we could find, until it was time to board.



When it was finally time for our scheduled ride, we opted to sit in the "open car." The rain had stopped for a bit and we learned that the open car is normally the most popular car. It was ours for the taking and I'm glad we did.




Even though it started raining as soon as the train started moving, I can't imagine being stuffed into the closed cars with all those wet, smelly kids.
Otto really enjoyed the train ride. I think he liked it more than Oscar. He kept trying to lean over the railing to get a closer look at his surroundings. Such a curious little guy, my Otto.









While I'm talking about rain, I had to post these pics and video of our recent double rainbow. We think this is Oscar's first real rainbow, he was really intrigued.

On the video, Oscar is saying "What a Beautiful Day," which is something he picked up from David and me, because we are huge dorks.




Otto and Oscar are still cracking each other up. Otto thinks anything Oscar does is hysterical.
Here they are playing with the door stopper in the bathroom. I think every child has done this, right?



And for those of you who watch "Yo Gabba Gabba," this is us "going crazy." Sadly, it's only like 8 a.m. on a Sunday morning and the boys are in full effect. They were so hyper and when they get like this, we just need to scream it out--and if you're Oscar, maybe throw a toy or two.

Here are my wild ones going for a ride in a empty diaper box. Fun times.




I swear, I'm getting to the part that is just focused on Otto. Just wanted to share this video of Oscar. We were playing with some flower and bug stickers from my friend, Anne, and Oscar and I started singing the bumblebee song, which somehow ended with "You are My Sunshine."

Otto's starting to learn how to entertain himself. In these videos, Oscar is napping and Otto wouldn't go down for a nap, so he found ways to keep himself occupied.

Here he is playing with a ball.

...and playing the drums...


...and learning to stack and getting frustrated...

We took the boys to Union Station to see the dinosaur exhibit and model train exhibit. The dinos were too scary for Oscar, so we spent most of our time looking at the model trains. Then, we went to Crown Center and dined at Fritz's restaurant. The boys got a kick out of the fact that your meals are delivered to your table via train.


Here's Oscar at the Train exhibit



Otto is still not walking, but getting soooo close. Here he is using a chair as a walker.

Otto's such a good eater. I've yet to find something he won't eat. For a while, he didn't like peaches, but now he loves them.



Otto really enjoys eating whatever David and I are trying to eat. Even if he's just had his dinner, he can make room for more chow. I already posted this video on facebook of the boys eating our hawaiian chicken bbq pizza.
Here's Otto being silly for the camera.
Here he is playing with the giant Winnie the Pooh plush--a gift from his Grandma Kathy (David's mom).


I already posted these last 2 videos on FB last month. The first one is Otto playing peek-a-boo and the last one is Otto's first word: "Mama."


No comments: