Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Wild About Omaha!

We spent Memorial Day weekend in Omaha--visiting the Omaha Children's Museum and the Omaha Zoo. We were lucky enough to travel with our good friends, the Kaseys. Karen and Ben took Noah to Omaha last year and suggested we all make a trip of it this year. It was such a fun getaway. I highly recommend it to all my KC friends. We're definitely going to go again.

We didn't tell Oscar where we were going until the morning of our trip. Look how excited Oscar was to go see the animals.

We spend the first day (Saturday) driving (3.5 hrs) to Omaha and then visiting the Children's Museum. It was so much fun. I don't have any pics of the museum, because I had my hands full with Otto. He and I hung out in the "Wiggle Room," which is an educational play area for infants.
Meanwhile, David, Osar, Karen, Ben and Noah enjoyed the museum's interactive toddler activities.
Here's a pic of Oscar and me at the entrance to the Zoo bright and early Sunday morning. It was hard keeping Oscar still--he wanted to explore everything.


So did Otto. He didn't really know what was going on, but enjoyed touching the rocks and plants that were within his reach.


Oscar's favorite exhibit at the zoo--the Penguins.



Look at these adorable boys...


What a couple of crazy monkeys!



Monkey See, Monkey Do...
I honestly don't know how these guys have sooo much energy.
The biggest Otto highlight of the trip for me was that he finally agreed to drink his milk cold.
He normally would reject it until I gave in and heated his bottle for him. Well, being out in the heat, with no microwave in sight, Otto had to deal with it--and he did!

Otto makes all kinds of silly noises now. He makes this funny cackling sound. He also says ma-ma and da-da, but I haven't captured those on video yet.
We left the zoo after about 5 or 6 hours--just as the boys were getting sleepy. Our timing (for once) was perfect, and Oscar and Otto slept almost the whole drive home. See how spacious my back seat is? I just love my Subaru.
Since Oscar has so much energy and loves being outside, we try to take the boys to the park at least every weekend. Sometimes, we bring lunch or dinner and have a little picnic.
During the week, David takes Oscar and Otto to the park on the way home from school. It amazes me how comfortable Oscar is with the playground equipment. As you can see from the video, David's done an exceptional job of showing Oscar where he can play and where he can't.
Oscar loves the swings. When I swing alongside him, I get motion sickness. When did I get so old?


We bring the double stroller when he walk to the park, but Oscar likes to run most of the way. When he gets tired, he climbs back in the stroller--but that doesn't happen too often.



A random, sweet moment of Oscar sitting still. It didn't last long.

Oscar went to his first pony ride bday party. It was for his friend, Adeline, at a local ranch.
Here he is waiting in line for his ride. I thought he'd be too scared, but I was wrong.


None of the pictures with Oscar sitting on the pony came out (bad lighting), but here's one of the two of us next to the pony. He wanted me to walk alongside him, which was fun.


Here are Oscar and Noah having some fun in the sun in Noah's backyard.


Oscar has a fascination with filling buckets of water and transporting/dumping the water. He also has a super-funny little run that he does while carrying water--check it out for yourselves.



Unfortunately, we're at the age where Oscar is no longer using his "listening ears." I was warned that age 3 would be worse than age 2 and I'm starting to believe it. I know he hears us, he just chooses to ignore. Sometimes, he just laughs in our faces. Nice.

Sweet Otto is starting to cruise. This video doesn't do him justice. He's actually been cruising all along the sofa and pushing his toy walkers around the house. I've been a slacker with filming those moments though. Here he is just cruising along the Kasey's fence.

Otto gets around just fine. In fact, he came up with the fun idea of climbing into the train table. Oscar thought it was the coolest thing, so he had to do it too. Here's an action shot. I snapped the pic, and then told them not to do it anymore.


Yep, that didn't really work. I call this photo "Busted." Look at how guilty Oscar looks. Last week, he asked me if Otto and he could play trains. I was finishing up my breakfast and noticed it was way too quiet in the play room, so I grabbed the camera and...

I can't stay mad at these faces...


I posted this video below to FaceBook, so you may have already seen it. Oscar has a minor obsession with school buses. In the mornings, he loves to watch the school kids waiting for the bus and boarding the school bus. He can't wait until he's big enough to ride the bus to school. We are constantly telling him what a great kid he is--and for once, he listened! Enjoy!



No comments: