Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Teeth, Tubes, Toddler Bed, Giggles & Grandma



It's true, Otto has his first 2 teeth. Took us a while to get them on camera, but you can get a pretty good look at them if you click on the photo above.
Otto also had ear tube surgery on Wednesday, 1/27. For the last couple months, Otto was developing ear infections every 10 days, so we were eager for him to get tubes.
My mom came to stay with us the week of Otto's surgery to help us out. We were nervous about sending him to daycare before the surgery because 4 of his classmates had already been sent home sick with RSV. Otto's surgeon wouldn't have been able to perform the surgery if Otto was congested or had RSV, so we weren't taking any chances sending him to school that week. Instead, he spent the whole week at home with Grandma, while David and I went to work and Oscar went to school.

We're really thankful that my mom was able to come stay with us and help us out on such short notice. I think Otto was grateful for the extra cuddle time with his Grandma.







So, we arrived at the hospital at 6:30 a.m. for Otto's 7:30 procedure. Here he is waking up in his carseat in the hospital lobby.


Here we are in the pre-surgery check-in area.

We love our hospital gown and booties.

Getting our oxygen levels checked...
Weighing in at just over 19 lbs.
Pre-surgery playing


A quick video of the pre-surgery waiting area. Lots of babies lines up and waiting for tubes. I didn't catch the other babies on video, but trust me that there were at least 4 other babies scheduled for tubes immediately after Otto. Otto got to go first because he was the youngest.


We've noticed such a difference in Otto now. He's happier and his balance seems to be improving. Plus, he's sleeping better. He's had 3 ear infections since getting the tubes, but they've drained out easily and we've been treating them with antibiotic drops. It's so much easier and effective than oral antbiotics--and way gentler on his system. Yay for tubes!

When Otto was born, our neighbors gave us this book called "A Fish Out of Water." The fish in the story is named Otto. The boys love it when David reads this story.





Otto likes books in general. He looks so focused when he reads.

For now, the best way for us to keep Otto busy and get some stuff done around the house, is to put him in the saucer with Oscar's lawnmower toy parked nearby. He loves to reach for the lawnmower.

But what Otto loves more than anything is his big brother. Oscar gives Otto the biggest belly laughs--especially during bathtime.

Near the end of their bath, we close the shower curtain and let them splash each other.

Otto goes bonkers. It's so cute!




Well, I'm sad to say we retired Oscar's crib. I was hoping he'd stay in it a little bit longer, but he literally flipped out of the crib--TWICE.

Oscar really likes his new toddler bed. He won't let anyone help him climb in or out. He insists on doing this himself.


And while I was nervous about him being able to wander freely in his room while we sleep, so far, he's been really good.


Here's a video of Oscar (once again) cracking up his little brother. David was unpacking and putting together Oscar's new bed, while Otto sat in his big brother's crib. Oscar had way too much fun playing with the yellow packaging bands that came with the bed. And Otto found the whole situation hysterical.

Okay, I swear I didn't teach Oscar to say this. Whenever I'm using the computer, he asks if he can "push momma's buttons." How funny is that?

Before I sign off, I had to include some photos of the giant snowball David and Oscar made.

No comments: