Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Fun!

It's been so long since my last post, so this one will be super long to make up for it.

The boys are both healthy now (knock on wood). We've been through swine flu (with Oscar) and stomach flu (all of us), but now we're all thriving.

I went back to work last week, so Otto is now attending the same daycare as Oscar. The transition has been wonderful. I love being back to work and Otto is enjoying making new friends. I'm so thankful that I was able to take a 6 month leave, but I was really READY to get out of the house and back to work.


Well, I'll stop blabbing and get on with the rest of my post.

Here's 6-month-old Otto with Gigi. Gigi has always loved this Papasan Baby chair. She usually waits until it's empty to climb inside. Oh well, Otto didn't seem to mind the company.


Poor sweet Cody. When Oscar's not running his trains and cars along Cody's back, he's treating him like a pony. (This photo was not staged).



These photos, however, were staged. I love my boys.

Oscar is such a sweet big brother...


Here's Oscar with his friends: Ava and Alyssa. Ava invited Oscar to her 2nd Birthday party
at Chuck E. Cheese. We had a blast. Alyssa is Ava's big sis and is super sweet to Oscar.

Oscar didn't know what to think when Chuck, himself, came out to greet all the birthday kids.



Alyssa and Oscar hanging out.



Ava got a special crown for her birthday.



Oscar and Ava are so silly together. Here they are laughing at the balloon strings between
them. When they're at school, they act like an old married couple. Ava likes to yell at Oscar to "come here," and Oscar likes to tattle on Ava to the teacher.

Cheesy, greasy goodness. Chuck E. Cheese pizza is just as delicious as I remember--from 25 years ago!

Here we are singing to the birthday girl.

How do we get Oscar to brush his teeth? Simple. Just distract him with Elmo and give him 2 toothbrushes. I don't know why he likes to have 2 brushes, I'm just happy he's brushing.




We had SO MUCH fun at the Parents As Teachers Fall Messy Play event.
It was our first time going to this FREE activity, but we'll definitely go again.
Oscar and Noah played together the whole night.

Here they are on this saucer type swing.





Then, we went inside to the ball pit. Sorry, I included 4 videos of the ball pit, but I couldn't edit any of them out. They're just so cute to me. Noah is in the orange shirt. Our camera battery died at Messy Play, so I couldn't take any still shots in the ball pit. I don't think I would have been able to anyway, because it was non-stop action. Kids were rolling and falling and climbing all over each other. Thanks to David for taking the videos.










We closed the joint down, seriously. We were practically the last family to leave.
Oscar did not want to go home.



He really liked this slide.



On our way out, we had to stop by the room with the shredded paper.
What a clever idea. These are plastic kiddie pools filled with paper shreds.
Oscar was a little slow to warm up to the whole idea...


...but once he did, he didn't want to stop.



Here's Otto in his saucer.


Oscar still has a renewed interest in all his baby toys--now that Otto is using them.

Otto doesn't mind. He loves watching his big brother.

Oscar is way too big for the Bumbo, but he doesn't seem to think he is.

Here's Otto with one of Oscar's old teething rings. When Oscar sees him using this, he tries to take it away from him.


We're constantly reminding Oscar to share. He's starting to get used to it.


I bought Oscar some Thomas the Train pajamas. If he could, he would wear them all day. We let him get away with it sometimes (on the weekends).


Oscar at the pumpkin patch.




Otto chillin' in the Bjorn.


Pumpkins paid for and we're ready to go. No major meltdowns from either kid. Yay!


Like father, like son--Oscar loves to eat Avocados.



Oscar learned how to say "oh my gosh." I'm sure he didn't learn it from us, because any one who knows us knows the kind of language we use around the house. Anyhow, I'm relieved Oscar hasn't inherited my potty mouth (yet). For now, we're stickin' with "oh my gosh," since Oscar seems to like it.

Oscar still remembers eating corn chips with grandpa last month--and we're still talking about it. =)

That's all for now! I'm really gonna try to not let so much time pass between posts. Hope everyone is doing well!

Oops, I'm adding these last 2 videos a little late. I forgot David took these while doing puzzle time with Oscar. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anne said...

I am totally going to take Will to a messy play event! He would love it.

Can't wait to see the boys in costume on Saturday (health permitting!)