Otto is starting to take little cat naps in his playpen during the day. Before, he would only nap in his vibrating chair and sleep at night in his crib.
Otto's been "talking" a lot lately too...
Big brother, Oscar, just cracks Otto up. Oscar likes to kick his beach ball while Otto watches and laughs from the Baby Bjorn. It's so fun to see Otto react to his big brother. I hope this is the start of their brotherly friendship.
Don't know what we'd do without our Baby Bjorn carrier.
David's now using it to help clip Otto's nails.
Speaking of brotherly friendship, look at my adorable guys.
Yep, Oscar is still rediscovering all of his old baby toys.
He walks up to them and declares "Mine!" We then have to explain that he's sharing his toys with Otto. I think he's starting to grasp the sharing concept.
We've been doing lots of tummy time with Otto. His strength and control are great, he just
needs to work on pushing up with his hands. When he doesn't have his hands in his mouth, he keeps them balled up and in tucked in at his chest. I pull them out and lay them flat--like his therapist taught me--and he is not a happy camper.
Here he is taking a tummy time break on Daddy. Hand back in the mouth where he likes it.
Looks like Otto might be teething.
Here's Otto hanging out in his doorway jumper for the first time.
Guess who likes the Bumbo now? Yay! His little legs are getting so chubby, when I pick Otto up out of the Bumbo, the whole Bumbo lifts up with us. I have to peel his thighs out slowly. So cute.
Check out Otto chillin' in his Bumbo.
Like father, like son, Oscar is still loving airplanes. Here he is playing with one of daddy's foam planes.
Oscar likes to "scare" himself with his jack-in-the-box. It's taken him a while to learn how to crank the handle himself, but he's got it down now.
The toddlers in Oscar's class must really like to dance, because Oscar's been dancing around the living room every night. Then he likes to run behind the couch and poop. Yep, just like clockwork.
Being silly at the dinner table.
Oscar's newest thing is yelling "pop" whenever he hears a loud noise. Oscar was sitting at the
table last week, chowing down on some peas, while I was watching "The Good Wife." There was a scene were the judge used the gavel and Oscar thought it was hysterical. He kept asking me to rewind it so he could see it again.
Here we are at Noah's birthday party. We finally let Oscar start drinking juice. Thankfully, he still loves drinking milk, too.
David's dad came for a quick visit a couple of weeks ago. He passed through town on business, so could only stay for one night. Oscar and him instantly bonded though. They ate chips and salsa and played together. It was bittersweet, the next morning when Oscar asked for "Grandpa"--who had already left for his work trip.
The night after Grandpa's visit, I was casually telling David how happy I was that Oscar got to play with his grandpa and got to know him better. Oscar was sitting at the table and chimed in with "Grandpa? Grandpa?" I couldn't believe he could understand us. This kid is growing up fast. Anyhow, we decided to pick up the phone then and there and give gramps a call.
Otto starts daycare next month, so I'm sure I'll have plenty to blog about next time.
Take care!

1 comment:
There's always so much to comment on when you blog that I can't cover it all, but I had to say that Oscar kicking the ball and Otto laughing is TOO CUTE!! OMG.
Also, Will started sucking those same two fingers about the same time. In fact, he voluntarily ditched the pacifier in favor of those fingers. Maybe Otto will be the same.
Lastly, I saw the part in the first video where Otto pulled his legs up to his chest, and I went "awww!" I love that little move that babies do.
Post a Comment