
The picture above is silly Oscar at school. He loves playing with his friends. When I go to pick him up in the evenings, I usually hear Oscar laughing and playing--before I even get to the classroom.
Oscar is starting to speak in small sentences. Here he is (below) asking for more cheese. He also can repeat phrases. Like if I say, "say hi, Grandma," he'll usually say it.
It's fun to watch the way his mind works, and to see the satisfaction on Oscar's face, now that he can communicate even better with us. It's like now that he's talking, he's just exploding into all kinds of conversations and jibber jabber. Here he is asking for cookies and discovering that cookies are "hot."
In Otto news, he's been sleeping through the night for over a week now. It's unbelievable. He slept for 9 uninterrupted hours Friday night into Saturday morning!!!
Otto's physical therapy is going really well. We had our 4th session on Friday. His head and neck strength is improving, so we're now working on sitting him upright so Otto can work on keeping his head raised.
At Friday's PT session, he only cried once. I had to take a quick pic with my phone because he's never been so agreeable during a session. The nurses, therapists and regular patients kept stopping by to jokingly ask if this was the same baby that normally screams. If you can picture our sessions, we're in a big room with senior citizens, young athletic-type people, recent surgery patients and a screaming Otto.



No comments:
Post a Comment