What we haven't caught on video is Oscar's recently-developed separation anxiety. Since becoming a big brother, Oscar doesn't like it when David or I are out of sight--for even a second. He instantly calls out for us and doesn't stop until we're back in sight. It was cute at first, but now it's getting a little bit inconvenient. David and I have to sneak quietly out of the room just to use the bathroom. (Note: This doesn't always work).
When Oscar's eating, he likes to say "Mmmm Mmmm" now. He started this while I was in the hospital with Otto, but wouldn't do it in front of me or in front of the camera for a while. Apparently, he learned it from one of his teachers, Miss Heather.
Oscar continues to like playing with his basketball hoop, but now also enjoys bowling...
Oscar started saying "hooray" while David was getting him ready for bed one night. Earlier that day, I picked up a book for him at a garage sale that plays the song: "If you're happy and you know it." Out of the blue, while David was singing along with the book, Oscar repeated "hooray." He did it the next morning for my mom, while she was getting him ready for school. It took him a couple of days to do it for me. Oscar has also been expanding his animal sounds. Enjoy!
Now that the weather's getting nicer, David put the swing up outside. Listen to how much Oscar loves it!
Oscar recently started saying, "oh no" and "oh my." His teachers say he walks around the classroom saying "uh-oh," "oh no," and "oh my" over and over again. In the video below, he's supposed to be going down for nap. I think he saw something on TV that prompted him to start talking, rather than napping. It might have been a Bounty papertowel commercial, Oscar always says "oh no" to those.
Oscar's teachers gave him this book. There's scene in the story where snowballs are being thrown everywhere and Oscar can't help but comment. He also likes to point at things in his books, like lamps and clocks etc. and then point to them around our house. Too cute.
Here's an Otto update. He's grown so much in the last 3 weeks. We had a little bit of rough start with his feedings because he has acid reflux. Luckily, our doctor was able to quickly diagnose it and Otto is now on prescription Axid, which has been helping tremendously.
In addition to the medicine, we've made several other changes to help with the reflux. Otto needs to be help upright for 30 minutes after each feeding, his crib is now elevated so he is sleeping at an incline, and I'm mostly bottle feeding him breast milk, rather than breast feeding. It's possible I'll be able to go back to breast feeding once his reflux is more controlled, but for now, bottle feeding has been the easiest way to make sure he's getting enough nourishment. He's been such a cooperative baby.
Here he is spending some quality time with grandma, who has taken over as the daytime bottle feeder and 30-minute post feeding propper upper.
I love this video, I never get tired of watching Otto drift off to sleep. Enjoy!
I'll have more updates soon. As I type this, Otto just let out an explosive poo. Don't worry,
that won't be included in the blog. Gotta run!

No comments:
Post a Comment