Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 08, 2008

Bachelor Pad

David took these photos of Oscar just waking up Friday morning. My two guys spent lots of quality time together this week, since I was at an overnight work team-building (mandatory) event all day Tuesday, Wednesday and half of Thursday.





I missed my guys a ton, but I have to admit--it was really nice sleeping without the hum and crackle of a baby monitor next to my ear.

Knowing I was going to be out of town for most of this week, I did my best to shoot lots of videos last weekend. This resulted in two things: 1) I'm very video-heavy (as opposed to photo-heavy) for this week's post. 2) I'm annoyingly chatty in almost every single video. Sorry. I must have had some nervous energy over my upcoming work thing/being away from my guys, etc.

Now, back to Oscar. At school, they've been working with Oscar on the stacking rings. He knows how to unstack, now they're trying to teach him to stack the rings. I thought I'd practice at home, but Oscar is more interested (more like obsessed) with getting behind the couch and playing with the blinds.

I even made a chair barricade, but what can I say, I have a very resourceful son.


When Sasha was just a kitty, she loved to go on chair chariot rides. Looks like Oscar takes after his sis.

We're still into playing with doormats and pole dancing. Should I be concerned? =)

David has been busy putting safety latches on all the drawers and cabinets and covers over the electrical outlets. Oscar is into EVERYTHING.


I play a "Where's Oscar?" game with the dogs. I figure it will keep them from resenting Oscar-since he has so much of my focus and attention. Sometimes Cody gets really into this game. In this video, he's less than interested. Boy, would Lassie be disappointed.

My friend and neighbor, Laurie, and her daughter, Annabel stopped by this weekend. Please try and ignore the dog hair on my carpet. I just can't keep up with it. David, Oscar and I are outnumbered. Probably time for us to have another kid so at least the ratio will be even. For some reason, I lose complete control of the video at the end. I think I thought the camera was off, when it wasn't . Whoops.

David took this video of Oscar--while I was gone this week.



Oscar gets really excited when Courtney greets him at the window.

He also gets excited for Jell-O.
Here are his Teachers' Notes from this week:
Monday: Oscar had a good day. He wasn't into lunch too much, but he ate. He and Christalyn played all day. They played with cars and pretty much knocked off all the toys on the shelves. They were taking toys away from each other and laughing about it. Ha Ha! Then, Miss Ashema brought over the musical table. He liked it.
Tuesday: Oscar had a good day. Today we read "Twinkle Twinke." We also read "Bloodhound Ben" b/c you know that's his favorite book. He enjoyed reading it again. He also played with the blocks today. We would build a tower, knock it down and he would laugh.
Wednesday: Today we read "Little Duckling" & " Little Piglet." When we read he was just saying "Da-Da-Da-Da." I don't think he liked the books, or he just wanted to see his dada! He has been very active. He has been everywhere. Every time I turned my head, he was somewhere different. =)
Thursday: Oscar had a good day. Today we read "The Fuzzy Yello Duckling" and "Numbers." Today we counted 1-5 and we sang our ABC's.
Friday: Today we read "Elmo's World of Food" and "Lovey Dovey Lions."

No comments: