It has been such a busy week. Oscar went swimming for the first time on Saturday.
We mostly hung out in the infant pool and in the lounge chairs next to the pool. I had several key learnings about Saturday's swim adventure: 1)swim diapers don't hold pee. 2)always pack an extra swim diaper. 3)now that I've learned lesson number 1, I will no longer wade in the infant pool. (there's not enough chlorine in the world for me to walk around in THAT again)!
Something else I've learned since having Oscar: KIDS LOVE BABIES.
My friend, Shannon, says it's because they're fascinated with people smaller than them. Either way, Oscar has celebrity status in our neighborhood--especially now that it's warm outside and everyone is out enjoying the weather.
Oscar and I are always home before David. After I've fed Oscar his dinner and fed all the animals, I sit outside with Oscar, Sasha and Gigi and we wait for daddy. Lately, I've had lots of company.
The kids in the pic below are Ryan, Sadie and Meghan.
Sadie likes to ask very specific questions like, "Does he take a bottle?"
Does he sleep through the night?" "Did he sleep through the night last night?"
The two girls in bike helmets are Elizabeth (blue shirt) and Annabelle (orange shirt). Most of Oscar's cute baby clothes are amazing garage sale bargains I've purchased from Annabelle's mom (previously worn by Annabelle's brother, Will). In fact, Oscar's wearing one of Will's old outfits in this pic.
I love this video (below) of Meghan and Sadie saying goodnight to Oscar.
This video of Will (Annabelle's brother and previous owner of most of Oscar's clothing) calling Sasha a "fraidy cat" cracks me up. He refers to me as "Muwivia"
Oscar had his 9 month checkup on Thursday. His favorite part of going to the doctor is playing with the tissue paper on the table. David went with me this time--because my car was in the shop. Since David was there, I had a free hand to shoot some video.
The video below shows Kristen, a medical student, who evaluated Oscar before his actual doctor came in. She was very, very nice.
The pic below is Dr. Henschel--LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HER! She's pregnant and due in November, luckily she's only taking 2.5-3 months maternity leave. If anyone is in the Lee's Summit area an looking for a great pediatrician, she's wonderful!
After Oscar's doctor's appt--where he weighed in at 18lbs, 10oz, we dropped him off at daycare--just in time for Miss Rachael to feed him his breakfast. I love watching Oscar in his school routine. I also love this bib Miss Rachael is using. She said she found them at Target, I must investigate. Oscar is a messy eater and I've been wondering how his outfits stay so clean at cool. Hmmm....now I see.
Oscar's teachers commented to me that he's been moving across the room at school, but they don't always see how he does it. He's definitely got his own "not quite crawling" technique going on that shows me he's just about got this crawling thing figured out. I shot the videos below because I was trying to figure out how Oscar had just moved from the center of my living room to his saucer. I left him for a second and when I walked back over, he was hanging on to the saucer, trying to pull himself up. Looks like it's time to start child-proofing everything.
I will close with Oscar's teachers' comments from this week:
Monday: Oscar had a good day. He has been very busy. He has just played, played, played. He pretty much played with every toy in the buckets and on the shelves. Today we read, "Little Chick" and "Little Piglet." We sang "Old McDonald." His favorite sound was the pig noise, ya know. =)
Tuesday:Oscar had a good day. Today we went on a walk outside. He fell asleep. LOL. He must have been so sleepy to fall asleep on that bumpy ride=) Today we sang "If you're happy and you know it," and read "Baby's Favorite Toys."
Wednesday: Oscar had a good day. Okay, let's talk about him moving around the whole room!! OMG! Every time I looked up, he was in a different spot!! He is getting around somehow and not showing me how he is doing it =(
Thursday: Oscar had a very good short day. He has been talking so much today-using his hands as he talks very loudly =) We read "Danny the Duckling" and "The Very Busy Spider." I tickled Oscar a lot today-He was cracking up. It was very funny and very cute. When I fed him his lunch today, I tried the lamb by itself-he took the first few bites, then started refusing. So, I ended up feeding him a bite of lamb, with a tiny bit of fruit with it. That definitely did the trick. He ate every bit of it and then had some puffs. I hope you had a good day off-you deseved a day off. Hope you got a lot done! =)
Friday: Oscar had a good day. He has been getting around the room, pulling all the toys off the shelves today. Oscar did good with his lunch today. We sang "I had a tiny turtle," and "All the Fish." When I sang these songs to him, he looked at me like I was crazy. It was hilarious. We read , "Bloodhound Ben" =) and "A Nose Like a Hose."

1 comment:
OMG! Look at him go!
AND where the hell was that floaty-water-saucer thing when my kids were that little?! That was not that long ago!
Post a Comment