Check out Oscar's Father's Day card for David. His teachers told me the rest of the kids posed with a basketball and football, but Oscar was freaked out by the basketball. He kept scooting away from it. How cute!!!
Oscar is making significant progress with his consonants. His favorite thing to say is "Da-Da."
I have several videos of him babbling away below. At first, he would get camera shy and stop babbling whenever he noticed that I was recording. This is no longer the case.
Here's Oscar enjoying "water play" at school. These pics were taken with the disposable
cameras I leave for his teachers. I'll name almost everyone in the pic below-starting wih Oscar and moving clockwise "Oscar, Hadley (dark brown hair), Allison, Miss Sarah, baby I don't know, and Christalyn (bow in her hair) aka Oscar's girlfriend/Miss Sarah's daughter.

Oscar has gone from loathing to loving when it comes to self-feeding.
Wagon Wheels (below) are especially fun.
Some times, we stick them in our ears.
Oscar's doorway jumper is where he likes to do a lot of his babbling.
We've had several "firsts" this week. Oscar tried graham crackers (without honey-don't worry) and loved them. I even asked Miss Sarah if she could feed him one in front of me, so I could see how much he enjoys them. Plus, I wanted to watch her feeding technique. Oscar's gag reflex is starting to kick in and it's freaking me out.
Oscar is also now enjoying Gerber Stage 2 dinners and Gerber stage 2 Meats. His appetite (for solids) is increasing and it's getting to be super easy to feed him.
After 9 months of listening to his Ocean Wonders Aquarium as he drifts off to sleep, Oscar just figured out how to squirm on over to it and turn it off and on (over and over again). I'm thinking we're going to need to go to Costco for a battery run. Don't worry, we always recycle the old batteries.
The video below is not the best quality, but I wanted to capture Oscar's first time "playing" with the Aquarium just before going to sleep. This is such an awesome bedtime toy. It plays music and flashes lights for 18 solid minutes. By the time the 18 minutes are up, Oscar is almost always fast asleep.
Another almost "first" is crawling. Oscar is almost there. See for yourself. He's just so close.
Our lives are going to be even busier very soon, once Oscar's officially on the move!
All in all it's been a good week. My back is so much better than it was last week. Thank you everybody for your calls, emails and notes. I went for a massage today and am going to get back in the habit of doing so every month.
I love that I am fortunate enough to have friends and family interested enough in our lives to tune into the blog regularly. I learned from my mom today that a close family friend, Sandy W. from Slidell, LA has been checking the blog regularly. So, I'd like to give a personal shout-out to Sandy. "Hello, out there-Sandy! Leave me a note some time--if you want. "
As usual, I will close with Oscar's teachers' comments from the week. In honor of Father's Day, I'm also closing with my latest favorite picture of my two guys:
Teachers' Notes from this week:
Monday:Oscar had a good day=) Today Oscar did the cutest thing after I got off the phone w/you! He tried standing up! He did it on the baby gym!! You know he was proud because he was so smiley about it. We took a picture of it. He also fell asleep in the jumpin' horse. So cute! Glad to hear you are doing better!!
Tuesday: Went on a walk outside this afternoon!
Wednesday: Oscar had a good day. Today he worked on crawling! He is doing very well. He is moving, but not on all fours. Today we also worked on his gift for his daddy.
Thursday: Oscar had a good day. Today we sung Twinkle, Twinkle and Itsy Bitsy Spider. We also played with the soft blocks. He loved the graham crackers. I had to cut him off, because I think he could have eaten the whole pack of them! LOL =)
Friday: Oscar had a good day! No choking today! LOL! But, he has done fine here with his solids, no worries!!! (Explanation from Olivia--Oscar gagged Thursday and it worried me, so I left his teachers a note about it). Today we sang wheels on the bus. His favorite noise was the grandpa going "Hush!!" =) Today we played with the noise makers. We got really loud with them. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment