Lilypie 6th Birthday ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 30, 2008

Here We Grow: Trying to Stand and Working on Consonants


This week was so nice. The weather is getting nice and warm, so we were really able to enjoy our 3-day weekend. Oscar is really enjoying learning to stand. He wants to practice all the time. It's starting to make me wonder if he'll skip crawling and go right to walking. I guess we'll see...

The video below cracks me up. Ever since Oscar started school (at 6 months), he's had no more interest in pacifiers or his beloved wubbanub. This past weekend, though, I caught this rare moment on video. I could hear him sucking on wubbanub, so I grabbed the camera. I think it was just a rare "teething moment," because he hasn't wanted his nubbie since--which is fine with us. I'm relieved he doesn't need the pacifier to self-soothe anymore.


Here's Oscar (below) enjoying the sunny weather in his Bumbo seat. His legs are almost too chubby to comfortably get him in and out of the Bumbo. I love it!

We took Oscar to the Salty Iguana for Mexican last weekend. He enjoyed sitting in the big boy high chair, which, yes, I sanitized the crap out of.


Oscar and I spent the afternoon at Shannon and Rich's house on Memorial Day. In this video, Oscar is in the crawling position, but that's about it. I know once this kid is on the move, I'm not going to be able to slow him down. I need to enjoy these tranquil moments.

Oscar likes to self-soothe by stroking his hair during feedings.

Here's silly Oscar making raspberries:


We practice standing every day. Do you like Oscar's outfit? It was the talk of the town at school. I bought it on ebay when I was 37 weeks pregnant and we were still keeping Oscar's name a secret. The ebay package arrived the day Oscar broke my water (at 38 weeks pregnant). Kind of cool, huh? I've been waiting for Oscar to grow into it and here we are!

Oscar has now evolved from open vowel sounds to his first consonant sounds "ga." He loves to say "ga," except when the camera's rolling. (sigh).


Here's my beautiful baby boy (below) first thing in the morning. He's been sleeping through the night for the past 12 days. We've been putting him to bed at 8 p.m. and he's waking up at 6:30 a.m.--like clockwork. His "me in the mirror" toy keeps him occupied in his crib when he first wakes up while I finish getting dressed for work. Honestly, that amazing toy buys me like an extra 15 minutes to get dressed. I love it! When I go in to get Oscar ready for school, he always greets me with a smile. It's just the bestest way to start the day!


Teachers' Notes from this week:

Tuesday: Oscar had a good day. Today we read "Tip Truck Tip" and "Precious Little Fairies." He liked the tow truck the best. He wasn't too interested in Precious Little Fairies I think because it was a girl book. LOL =)

Wednesday: Today we read "Crocodile School Bus" & "Pooh's 1, 2, 3's." Oscar liked Little Croc the best because he was funny. We also went on a walk today.

Thursday: Oscar had a good day. We read "Jane's Animal Expedition." He liked Jane's plane. We also read "A Nose Like a Hose." Everyone loved Oscar's outfit today (the Oscar the Grouch outfit). We also worked on crawling and standing.

Friday: Oscar had a great Friday. We played in the water. He loved it. He splashed a lot and talked the whole time. We took lots of pictures. I tried wagon wheels-he screamed when I put in a bite, but once he started chewing it he stopped. We did this 3 times with the wagon wheels, so I tried some puffs to give him a different flavor. He did the same thing with the puffs. I think it's just a new texture and he's not sure about it. I think if we can give him a few bites a day, he will eventually realize he likes it. We will keep trying. =) (Brief explanation from Olivia: I'm trying to get Oscar to start "self feeding" with finger foods like Gerber wagon wheels and puffs. He screams when I try at home, so I've asked his teachers to start working with him at school. Once Oscar gets over the trauma of self feeding, I'll be sure to shoot a video for all to enjoy).

No comments: