The temperature last Sunday was just about 70 degrees, so we were able to put Oscar in one of the adorable onesies his Aunt Shannon bought him for Christmas. He's about to grow out of them, so I'm glad we had this opportunity. You can't really tell, but this onesie has a jet on on it and it reads, "Science is Awesome" Look at those thunder thighs! I think the formula is really fattening him up. Even so, he's still one of the skinniest babes in his class--Go figure.
Oscar really seems to be enjoying daycare. This picture and video below were shot on Tuesday after school. I hadn't returned to work yet and spent the day running errands and washing that gray right out of my hair. When I arrived at daycare to pick him up, Oscar was all smiles. Apparently, he'd been fingerpainting shamrocks (and eating some of the fingerpaint). Wish I could have seen that. Regardless, he was in the best mood when I brought him home.
Later that night, Oscar had his first poop in 7 days. My friend, Molly, who has been monitoring Oscar's poop progress and observed that poops every 9 days, will be happy to read that we're definitely making progress. Molly sent me an email saying that if Oscar ever joins a sports team, his number should be 9 cuz that's his "poop number." Yes, folks, Molly is just as weird as me. (sometimes weirder). My friend, Karen P. actually sent me a Hallmark card in the mail to check in and see how we're doing with Oscar's constipation and to offer support. I feel so loved. The adorable terry cloth outfit he's wearing, was a gift from my mommy. Thanks, mommy! Looks like Oscar can officially wear the 6-month size now. Yay!
Wednesday was my first day back to work. I love my job, so it was great being back. Plus, I really do think it's easier to go to work (and i get paid for it), than it is to be a full-time mommy. Being back at work was busy, as I have 6 months of material to catch up on, while simultaneously just diving into whatever's on my desk--but it was still fun for me. Anyone who knows me well knows one of my strengths/favorite things to do is sort through clutter, simplifiy and find solutions--so work is a happy place for me.
My drive home was so exciting, I couldn't wait to pick up Oscar and bring him home. He goes to bed at 8 p.m. now, so from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. is "our time" together and David does the bedtime routine. I love it. When I pulled up at daycare, the teachers were waiting for me at the front desk with Oscar. At first I thought I was the last mom to arrive or something, but then quickly learned that Oscar had a fever of 102.5.
Long story short, we took him to urgent care, Shannon kept me calm on the phone while I waited for the doc. She told me exactly what the doc eventually told me, which was to give him Infant Tylenol or Motrin. Luckily, his fever was gone by Thursday morning at 10:30. David stayed home with Oscar on Thursday, because I didn't exactly feel comfortable calling in a PTO day on my second day back to work after a 6-month leave, and daycare won't take him within 24 hours of having a fever.
The picture and videos below were taken Friday afternoon-after school. Oscar had a great day and seems to be rebounding nicely from his fever. This is the jumper that my mom bought him. I have it hanging in our kitchen so I can do things while watching Oscar. In this instance, I'm feeding the animals. Oscar is getting so strong. The first time we put him in this thing, he just sat there like a sack of potatoes--now look at him.
I will close with the teacher comments from Oscar's daily report cards. I love getting these and don't think I'll ever be able to throw them away. Thanks to all of you for all of your love and support with our transition to daycare and my working again. So far so good. I know it will be harder when Oscar starts talking. I've already observed the older children at school wailing, "No Mommy, don't goooooooo!" That's gonna be tough. For now, we're A-ok.
Friday-Oscar's practice day:Oscar had a Great 1st Day!! He tried all of the toys. He played in the saucer, the bouncy seat, and relaxed in the swing for a while. He enjoyed all of them. He enjoyed all of his new friends. We can't wait for him to start on Monday.
Monday:Oscar had a great day. Today he showed us how he rolls over. Every time we put him on the floor, he would roll! Today we sang row, row, row your boat & Pattycake. He loves to sing and clap!
Tuesday:Oscar had a good day. Today Oscar painted. He enjoyed it. We took pictures of him painting. Oscar also read "Twinkle Twinkle" and "Pooh's Numbers." He liked "Twinkle Twinkle" best because the star made noises.
Wednesday:Today we read "Ring the Bells" & "Bloodhound Ben." Oscar liked how Ben's tail wagged. Today he also got his feet rubbed and loved it. He was so relaxed. Temp @ 4:40-102.5.
Friday:Oscar had a good day. Today he played w/the rattles. He loved the noise they made. He also had fun playing w/ all his friends today. I think he missed us.

1 comment:
If I ever have kids that I have to drop off at daycare, I have already formulated a plan.
I'll drop them off, tell them I'm going to the bathroom before leaving, and then I'll go dress up like a potted plant and slowly sneak out the door. Then I'll never to hear those heart breaking cries of, "nooo!! don't go!!"
Post a Comment